problem flashing rom

mr.kyels

Reaction score
so before i smash my phone with a hammer i hope someone can help me. so i rooted my droid using one of the tutorials on here(how to root droid regardless of operating system)everything was fine i got root on my phone and sprecovery
but for whatever reason i could not flash any roms.....so long story short i used rom manager flashed clockwork and now im stuck in bootlooping after trying to flash a rom through rom manager.i made a stock nandroid backup but for some reason the file cant be found(possibly because i created it using sprecovery and now i have clockwork maybe idk?)so i tried the sticky topic to fix this there is only one problem i cant seem to flash any roms in clockwork.i placed the ultimate droid extreme 8 on the sd but the rom either wont show up or it wont flash for whatever reason....thanks for reading and hopefully someone can help!!!!

OP
M

mr.kyels

Reaction score
update....ok i used rsd to flash sprecovery on my phone again hoping the nandroid back up i createded would work but of course it did not and it just said
error:nandroid exited with status 25...please someone help!!!!

OP
M

mr.kyels

Reaction score
thanks for the replay.i forgot to mention im getting no tar archives found erorr
when i choose select rom from sd. i have two roms the stock and ultimate droid on my sd but cant acess them unless i move them to nandroid folder wich is why i got error 25. any idea? im using a mac if that helps maybe something is wrong with the file types?
on the root i have 2 roms

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So you have SPRecovery on now?

If that is correct:

Find a Rom you like, d/l and rename rom to update.zip (not update.zip.zip), put update.zip on root of sd card (not in any folders), reboot recovery (powering on while holding x), wipe Data/factory reset x2, wipe cache partition x2, install, allow install update.zip, install update.zip depreciated

Nandroid backups go in the nandroid folder for SPR and clockworkmod/backup folder for CW. Spr backups will not work with CW and vice-versa

Edit: sounds like when your backup was made it had an error which is why it won't load and it can't find the tar archives

Last edited: