Cannot access recovry (No Update.zip?)

The Jroid

Reaction score
I went to Gingerbread .1 from Froyo (used the foyo to GB nightly). I then went to go to GBV.5 and everytime I go to install in recovery I see the first part of the liberty logo (Just LIBERTY in silver, no the eagle) and the screen goes black and stays that way. I battery pull and restart and it loads right up to my regular phone homescreen.

I have tried to boot into recovery through ROM Manager and also tried it Manually, I find the same issue.

1 time Rom Manager gave me an error and it said something about not being able to access Update zip.

I was ready to .sbf back to stock but I don't even think I can because I can't access the recovery.

:::Updated:::

I have been trying to flash .sbf and this is the error I keep getting...

21:00:19, May 07, 2011
Line: 868
ERROR: \\?\c:\r.sbfž contains an invalid path.
File: D:\GitProjects2\hdt_windows_flash\flash\code\flash dll\PST_FP_FlashFileIO.cpp
21:00:19, May 07, 2011
Line: 552
ERROR: The superfile specified does not exist
File: D:\GitProjects2\hdt_windows_flash\flash\code\flash dll\FlashHdlr.cpp
Device ID: 0

I am on windows 32bit, my drivers are up to date, rsd lite4.9, tried multiple .sbf files. I can't do the normal fix of changing the junk characters because I am getting a different error.

I would ideally like to figure out how to get back into clockwork recovery but if I can get help getting past those errors and flashing .sbf, I’d be very happy with that.

sonicfreak360

Reaction score
Wait, are you trying to flash an SBF file with clockwork?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk