Can the MIUI Launcher be used with another ROM?

leutbneot

Reaction score
After my experience running LauncherPro on the MIUI ROM, I was wondering if there was a MIUI Launcher.apk file out there somewhere that would run on another ROM, like Simply Stunning or Bugless. I recently switched back to Simply Stunning (I just had to try the 5.0 release, I'm a compulsive ROM switcher and I love Chevy's stuff to death) and it's blazing fast but I sorta miss having the option to hot-swap over to that weird-but-wonderful MIUI Launcher layout.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've been wondering this for a while. I would love to have a chance to play with the miui launcher.

tappin and a talkin

Reaction score
There should be an .apk somewhere in miui. I will flash it tonight and look, but I doubt it will work on other roms. Worth a shot though

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

C

cdexsw

the launcher will not work on other roms. it is built into the framework. i have tried it on other roms. it will not work.

sorry

StealthMode

Reaction score
It's built into the framework, it's part of the rom, I don't think you can just simply port it over. You could write a launcher that acts like it I'm sure.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
It can be removed with no problems, it seems like it could be tweaked to be used with another ROM. I'm not arguing, just sayin......

That's the first thing I do is delete the stock launcher and use LP or ADW.

Reaction score
yeah, thats sorta what I mean. I bet you could use the base code from the miui launcher to get an idea of the stuff you would need to code a home replacement app like LP or ADW

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
You could try the MIUI iPhone Launcher. It's a modified version of ADW.
That and GO Launcher like bustadroid said are as close as you'll get right now. If you mixed them it'd be pretty close to the real thing. GL has more of the features though, the modified ADW has more of the looks I think. I haven't used it so I don't know all that is included but since we're discussing it, I think I might just do that:)
https://market.android.com/details?id=org.adw.launcher.miui&feature=search_result

EDIT: Never mind, it's 2.99. If I was actually going to use it it'd be different but I'm a dedicated LP user so no point really haha.

Last edited: