Can I set the Droid to vibrate with sound off?

steveo52

Reaction score
Is there a setting where I can turn all notification sounds off and still have the Droid vibrate when I get e-mail/sms or phone calls? Can't seem to find where the settings are, I gotta believe there is a way to do that?​

kyoo

Reaction score
Sorry, can you elaborate? Are you referring to just lowering the volume until it is on vibrate mode? I've turned the notifications to silent to turn the sound off for notifications, but the phone does not vibrate for notifications at all. Do I have to split up the call and notification sounds in the sounds menu or keep them together? There's no description for how loud it is (just a touch bar, no high, medium, low, vibrate). Thanks for the help!

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know its possible to do this for email notification, sms i'm not sure about. If you go into your gmail app and hit the menu button and then go to settings there is settings at the bottom that allow you to have it vibrate when a new email arrives (the setting has to be changed for every account you want that to happen with).

lyoko37

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat..when I set the phone to vibrate with the side button...it just makes it vibrate for the phone calls and nothing else..can't seem to find a way to get Messages, Gchat or any other app to vibrate like that.. any suggestions?

OP
S

steveo52

Reaction score
I've set my Droid exactly as I want it, thank you for the help. Bottom line is I have set notifications for SMS and my 3 e-mail accounts to "Silent" so that when I have the phone set to ring mode, I can hear the ring. When I need to set the phone ring to vibrate I do so via the key on the side of the phone as described below:

Quote: Originally Posted by Leastbay
the button on the side of the phone

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Open up ypur messaging thing, hit the munu button, select settings and scroll to the bottom. Let me know if it works!

lyoko37

Reaction score
Still doesn't work for me..I had to download something called "Sound Manager" to get it to work. Sad the Android programmers overlooked this basic function