vibrate options help

MikeFL25

Reaction score
Just a quick question. I disabled vibration on incoming calls in the settings (sound and display-->phone vibrate check OFF). However, my phone still vibrates when I receive text messages. How can I disable this?

jlukes

Reaction score
For some unknown reason, they made it so you can set it so your text messages vibrate all of the time (even with sound on) or none of the time.

Why the volume settings aren't universal are beyond me. I wish they changed this through a patch

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just a quick question. I disabled vibration on incoming calls in the settings (sound and display-->phone vibrate check OFF). However, my phone still vibrates when I receive text messages. How can I disable this?
Go into whatever app you're using for texts. (the stock Messaging or Handcent) and go to settings, and disable vibrate for incoming texts :)

jlukes

Reaction score
Go into whatever app you're using for texts. (the stock Messaging or Handcent) and go to settings, and disable vibrate for incoming texts :)

Yeah, but then it is disabled forever, even when he uses the volume button to put the mode into vibrate mode.

droider4life

Reaction score

You have to go into messaging, Settings Scroll to the bottom and turn vibrate off.. that will disable it...

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Yeah, but then it is disabled forever, even when he uses the volume button to put the mode into vibrate mode.
I understand... but maybe he doesn't want it to vibrate at all? I was just giving him an answer to his question :)
Even with vibrate enabled on texts, when the phone is silent, incoming texts shouldn't vibrate... so I see his issue. Just wanted to give him an alternative.