Can I return the RAZR if it has a minor scratch on the screen ?

smokiedabong

Reaction score
I got the RAZR a week ago and tomorrow I'm planing to return it for the Nexus. While I was cleaning the phone today for it's return I noticed a really thin, barely noticable but long scratch on the screen in the form of the letter S. I had my OG Droid for 2 years with no protection and it has no scratches whatsoever. I don't know how the scratch got on the RAZR , I'm starting to think it's a manufacturer defect cause I never looked closely when I got the phone , it looks really unnatural, a scratch is usually straight or one direction, this is a very rounded , S shaped scratch. Anyway, can this scratch influence my return? Do I have to pay something extra or it'll be declined?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Probably not. I tried getting a warranty replacement on my D1 but I had a scratch on the battery door and they denied my claim forcing me to go through insurance.

Sent from my CushZero using Tapatalk

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Use the Jedi Mind Trick :)

nexus-2.png

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
If they don't notice it yes, if not good luck. They are very strict on returns with ANY visible damage.

Sent from Droid RAZR

OP
smokiedabong

smokiedabong

Reaction score
I have to look really careful to notice it and it's only noticeable in certain lighting conditions. So much for the scratch resistant Gorrila glass , after two years my OG Droid doesn't have even the slightest scratch.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I have to look really careful to notice it and it's only noticeable in certain lighting conditions. So much for the scratch resistant Gorrila glass , after two years my OG Droid doesn't have even the slightest scratch.

The Droid didn't have any coatings on the screen, like an anti-glare coating. Coatings like that scratch relatively easily. Many of the new phones have coatings and that is what gets scratched, not the GG. I don't know if the RAZR has a coating, but that could be the reason.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Did you keep the plastic labels that came on the phone, the ones your remove before first use.. if you did just reset the phone and slap those back on, should cover the scratch easily..

OP
smokiedabong

smokiedabong

Reaction score
The girl that setup the phone initially peeled everything off, anyway I'm thinking that if it has a protector they gonna take it off to look at the screen. I don't know how closely they are looking.

grimley

Reaction score
I was able to get my Droid replaced due to a bad headphone jack and the corner of the screen had broken in fall. The vzw Rep looked the phone over real thorough but must not have noticed it. hopefully you get a Rep who isn't detail oriented .

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
smokiedabong

smokiedabong

Reaction score
I returned the phone , the scratch was to small to be considered a defect.

Which they really should be.... why are you returning your RAZR anyways? shouldn't have gotten it if you were waiting for GN.

Because I can, do you want them to remove the return policy completely?
I rented the RAZR cause I hate Verizon from the bottom of my heart and they screwed us over with this release, the phone was announced for November. I was waiting with a line eligible for upgrade since October last year but they never got a good phone, all the other carriers got top of the line phones and VZ got the crappy Thunderbolt while ATT already had dual core phones. Meanwhile I payed $1500 without taking advantage of the upgrade. You are telling me I shouldn't return a RAZR that was taking care of really good and the only defect is so minuscule that it's not even considered a defect? In 14 days of usage you gonna get some signs of usage on any device no matter what you do. Is this explanation good enough for you mighty moral knight.