Can I get R2D2 Gingerbread upgrade off of phone?

celblazer

Reaction score
My R2 will not install the OTA upgrade but it is downloaded and sitting somewhere. Is there a way for me to pull it off of the phone and upgrade using clockwork? Of course if I can do this I'll be glad to share the file.

Thanks.

Last edited:

wildride89

Reaction score
I dunno where the location for the upgrade file is, but if they have a leak file that's the only way for you to update I think if you have removed a bunch of the stock apps or bloatware

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
C

celblazer

Reaction score
OK on my SD card is Blur_Version.2.4.5.A957.Verizon.en.US.zip dated last night when I downloaded the update again but did not let it install.

If that's it what's the next step for me to use it and to share it. Is it as easy as renaming it to update.zip and then clockwork?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
OK on my SD card is Blur_Version.2.4.5.A957.Verizon.en.US.zip dated last night when I downloaded the update again but did not let it install.

If that's it what's the next step for me to use it and to share it. Is it as easy as renaming it to update.zip and then clockwork?

I do not know what it would take to be able to share it. I do know that it is not as easy as just renaming it and flashing it in clockwork. The update is not like a full ROM. It literally patches or updates the existing apps. Which is why if you are rooted and have frozen or removed a number of apps then it is likely the install will error out if it is looking for something that isnt there. The only full apps in the update would be anything new that is being added.

siriusgamer

Reaction score
Plus, theres no SBF for the R2D2 that has all of the Star Wars stuff. I dont know if you could SBF with a D2 2.3.20 SBF and just apply the R2D2 update on it and have all of that stuff back. And since this isnt a Custom Rom, you can flash it from stock recovery.

OP
C

celblazer

Reaction score
Well I have the file if anyone can make it usable for us having problems with updating.

Eurasianman

Reaction score
Well, if what some people are saying is true, then I need a list of files that originally came with the R2-D2. I did the one-click root and I believed I might have removed some things, but I'm not entirely sure. As well as I've been looking for the R2-D2 SBF and have had zero luck. It'd be nice if someone, who already has the Gingerbread update, could make an SBF file of their phone. However, I'm not entirely sure how successful that would be.

Last edited: