Can I borrow some Bloatware?

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Okay so I installed Android 2.3 (Gingerbread- no, it's not 3.0 haha) and of course I lost all my Verizon Bloatware/Crapware apps, such as 3G Mobile Hotspot and My Verizon.. Those two are really the only one's that I need, but all of them would be cool too.

Yeah, I know I'm rooted and don't need 3G Mobile Hotspot, I know, I know.

And my ##778 thing doesn't work anymore, any ideas? (calling ##778 gets you into the manual programming menu- go on, try it!)

I am pretty sure a website has the download for the crapware, but I can't find it anymore!

Thanks in advance and happy holidays!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i don't know what you did but you didn't download 2.3 for the Incredible because that doesn't exist yet. Whatever you got in there sbf out of it if you can and wait for the Gingerbread for the DI to be released or for someone to make up a Custom ROM based on Gingerbread.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you go over to the stickies in the Droid 2 hacks area you will see a zip file that has all the bloatware for the D2. Now I'm not certain that will work at all in your Incredible but that's the only place where I know you can find it.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't know if you want to do this but you can get the bloat back if you backup your current rom, unroot to stock 2.2, reroot, adb pull all the apps you want, reroot, restore your backup, and adb push your apps. But because you're pushing 2.2 apps to 2.3 I don't know if it'd even work.

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
It's times like these I'm glad I have 2 Droid Inc's, thanks, great idea.

So far, all of the apps I have installed from the market work just fine on 2.3. So my hopes are up there.

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
How exactly do I get the bloatware from my spare Droid Incredible exactly? I actually only sorta know what the adb is...

citanes-26

Reaction score
If your spare is rooted you can get them with root explorer, go to system/app copy what you need to sd card & then transfer to your other phone

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Sounds easy enough. How do I physically put the apps on my phone though? Like what folder?

citanes-26

Reaction score
Once you transfer them to the other sd card, click on the app and it will give you the option to install

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Nevermind, i got the apps on my computer, and an SD card, I'm not gonna try to install them though, can't even get my phone to mount, just another bug in an unofficial OS update.

But I will say kudos to the developers for making the first version of Gingerbread for the Droid Incredible! I feel like I owe them that much, it really is an impressive port.

citanes-26

Reaction score
You can copy the apps from titanium backup folder from the other phone and transfer

angelic269

Reaction score
Hahaha I was just on Twitter trying to get rid of my 3G mobile hotspot! I will give it to you! Wait. I deleted it. :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Installing the apps, the way I did that was put the app on my SD card, then used Root explorer to move the app, went to system/apps and pasted. Then I changed the permissions on the app to RW…R…R. Reboot the phone and the app installs itself.