rerooted, now some other stuff

Picasso71

Reaction score
so, I finally got my X rerooted. Now when running my wireless tether (obviously the free version) I get rerouted to a verizon website titeled "BBAC Customer Referral Page" that states: "With Mobile Broadband Connect, you can use your Verizon Wireless handset or Smartphone as a modem for your computer when you connect the two using a USB cable, enabling you to access the Internet or your company intranet. 3G Mobile Hotspot will allow your Verizon Wireless Smartphone to act as a portable hotspot for your Wi-Fi enabled notebook/netbook, tablet PC, camera, media/MP3 player, or PDA, enabling you to access the Internet or your company intranet. Mobile Broadband Connect and 3G Mobile Hotspot capability is ideal when you are travelling and need to use your notebook to check email, access corporate networks, or download large files like presentations and reports. And you won`t have to buy an extra PC Card or other devices." It then gives me the option to hit a continue button. Does anyone know what this is? I'm worried that if I continue I'll start to get charged for using my hacked wireless tether. Anyone know what this is about?

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Restart the tethering application and try again.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
P

Picasso71

Reaction score
J

JriderG

I use the tether patch to get around the Verizon page

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

leftspin

Reaction score
OP
P

Picasso71

Reaction score
not a clue, that one works fine for me. reboot the phone and try again?

I've done that a couple of times. Still seems to not work. are you running the most current updates for the droid x?

leftspin

Reaction score
I've done that a couple of times. Still seems to not work. are you running the most current updates for the droid x?

No, I'm using MIUI 1.9.30 flashed over the .602 kernel. I never updated to .605 because I never had the keyboard bug and everything worked fine on .602

OP
P

Picasso71

Reaction score
No, I'm using MIUI 1.9.30 flashed over the .602 kernel. I never updated to .605 because I never had the keyboard bug and everything worked fine on .602

Hm, maybe I should flash back to that, I don't think I had keyboard bug (don't know what it is anyway) and I rather prefer to have my free tethering

leftspin

Reaction score
Hm, maybe I should flash back to that, I don't think I had keyboard bug (don't know what it is anyway) and I rather prefer to have my free tethering

Definitely do that, the .605 and .602 kernels are exactly the same from what I understand except that .605 had a change to fix a bug some people were having where the keyboard would close randomly while people were typing. And apparently blocks wifi tethering

I did have issues on the .602 kernel using Barnacle wifi tether but the one I posted earlier in this thread works fine

OP
P

Picasso71

Reaction score
fair enough. now all I need to know is how to flash back to that. have a good threads with descriptions as to how to do this properly?