Can anyone explain why the SD card is only 8GB while Droids was 16?

Ski-me

Reaction score
First post...but may be good!

I actually looked in the Droid 2 manual (page 27) and noticed the comment to the effect of "using the supplied 16 GB card"......

So, I wrote to Verizon (very politely) asking why I recieved the 8GB card instead of the 16GB card that was stated in the manual. They said that I must of been looking at the original droid manual.

I then gave them a link (on their website) showing the manual for the Droid 2. After a day or so, I got an email saying I was correct and that they were sending me 2-16GB cards in the mail (one for my phone and one for my wife's)! :icon_ banana:

I don't know if this would work for others as we've been Verizon customers for 10+ years but I'm pretty happy! I just got a notice that two packages were trying to be delivered from FedEx yesterday. I'm assuming these are the two cards!

Silver Member
Reaction score

I actually looked in the Droid 2 manual (page 27) and noticed the comment to the effect of "using the supplied 16 GB card"......

So, I wrote to Verizon (very politely) asking why I recieved the 8GB card instead of the 16GB card that was stated in the manual. They said that I must of been looking at the original droid manual.

I then gave them a link (on their website) showing the manual for the Droid 2. After a day or so, I got an email saying I was correct and that they were sending me 2-16GB cards in the mail (one for my phone and one for my wife's)! :icon_ banana:

I don't know if this would work for others as we've been Verizon customers for 10+ years but I'm pretty happy! I just got a notice that two packages were trying to be delivered from FedEx yesterday. I'm assuming these are the two cards!
link to documentation?

Ski-me

Reaction score

link to documentation?

Interesting.....it's now been updated and no longer there. The attached shows what "use" to be there.

http://cache.vzw.com/multimedia/mim/mot_droid2/droid2.pdf

LT*

Reaction score

I just looked through the online manual and didn't see where it mentions 16g card. Do you mind telling me where I should look.

Thanks

SID KELLY

Reaction score
'It's all money' is correct--that's the reason-years ago-why GM stopped painting their engines red and Ford stopped painting it's engines blue---ONLY saved about 25 cents and engine but multiply that by the thousands of engines they build--

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

link to documentation?

Interesting.....it's now been updated and no longer there. The attached shows what "use" to be there.

http://cache.vzw.com/multimedia/mim/mot_droid2/droid2.pdf

They had to take it out. There was more misinformation such as it will play .wav files. I don't think 2.2 plays .wav files, at least it didn't on the Droid 1.

Droid621

Reaction score
First off I am not techy. So my ? I have a D1 now and a D2 coming today, I have apps that I paid for and don't want to buy them again so is there a way to transfer them to my D2? I do plan on swapping the SD card to my D2 can I leave it as is or would I be better off the wipe it clean or just do some cleaning up of it?

So we get the paid apps we have downloaded pushed to us by google.. that is great... and we just have to download and reinstall the free ones we are using manually???

I have been concerned and searching for an answer on this for the better part of the morning as I Wait for FedEx to make the expected delivery today of my alleged Droid2dancedroid after my Droid1 got "sick" after the ota update I was forced to take... kinda sucks cause I was just getting everything set up exactly the way I wanted it and was really happy with the way the phone was working :icon_evil: but new toys are always good... dancedroiddancedroid

Thankfully my wife swapped out of her Droid1 a couple months (it was too complicated for her) ago otherwise I would have been dealing with droid envy for the last week.

Silver Member
Reaction score
First off I am not techy. So my ? I have a D1 now and a D2 coming today, I have apps that I paid for and don't want to buy them again so is there a way to transfer them to my D2? I do plan on swapping the SD card to my D2 can I leave it as is or would I be better off the wipe it clean or just do some cleaning up of it?

So we get the paid apps we have downloaded pushed to us by google.. that is great... and we just have to download and reinstall the free ones we are using manually???

I have been concerned and searching for an answer on this for the better part of the morning as I Wait for FedEx to make the expected delivery today of my alleged Droid2dancedroid after my Droid1 got "sick" after the ota update I was forced to take... kinda sucks cause I was just getting everything set up exactly the way I wanted it and was really happy with the way the phone was working :icon_evil: but new toys are always good... dancedroiddancedroid

Thankfully my wife swapped out of her Droid1 a couple months (it was too complicated for her) ago otherwise I would have been dealing with droid envy for the last week.
all 52 of my paid and free apps automatically installed on my D2 after switching from the D1.

Droid621

Reaction score
Well I figured as soon as I left the fed ex guy would show... and I was right.... had to run to their depot to get it today... was surprised when I opened the box and got a CLNR Droid2 it had no back, no sd, and no battery. So I assume I am supposed to use the black back of a D1 and my battery and sd? I will stop @ the corporate store tomorrow after work and ask them just to make sure... so far so good... all the apps self loaded and all I had to do was log in to them... noticably faster than D1 just gotta get used to where buttons are all over again...

Good luck!!

dancedroid