Camera

cece5702

Reaction score
I was not aware of the other two threads on the same topic thats why I started this one. The flash and shutter are more in sync and faster also. My pics seem to be more clear and not as fuzzy as before. I'm loving ICS. :)

SJsRazr

Reaction score
Hello,
I just switched from the galaxy s3 to the maxx hd. So far I miss my s3 and will probably have a lot of questions. I have 14 days to change my mind but hopefully I can fall in love with this phone. The camera on my s3 worked much better than this one. Is there an app out there that will make the camera work better? (It lags a bit and the pictures aren't that great although both are 8mp).

As far as taking a screen shot - I know I am suppose to use the power button and vol down but it only seems to work 1 out of 100 times...is there an easier way to do this?

Also, how do I do a fake battery pull since the battery is not removable?

Thank you

KaChow

Reaction score
Hello,
I just switched from the galaxy s3 to the maxx hd. So far I miss my s3 and will probably have a lot of questions. I have 14 days to change my mind but hopefully I can fall in love with this phone. The camera on my s3 worked much better than this one. Is there an app out there that will make the camera work better? (It lags a bit and the pictures aren't that great although both are 8mp).

As far as taking a screen shot - I know I am suppose to use the power button and vol down but it only seems to work 1 out of 100 times...is there an easier way to do this?

Also, how do I do a fake battery pull since the battery is not removable?

Thank you

There is a nice update that is coming, my guess within the 14 days of your return, which you can see the official details here.
This should fix the camera concern. In terms of taking a screenshot, hold [Power + Volume down (-)] for about 4-5 seconds, you should see a quick flash and let go. If you hold the [Power + Volume down (-)] any much longer and your device will reboot. That would be a solution if you are looking for a fake battery pull option, just continue to hold [Power + Volume down (-)].

Also, is there a setting to see the battery percentage?

If you want to see the battery percentage, the easiest way to do this is go into Settings (slide the top of the screen down, click on the "grind wheel")> look for "Battery" under the Device Listing and you should see what you are looking for.

SJsRazr

Reaction score
As far as the screen shot goes - I still haven't mastered it (I use it a lot for work and still can't get it to work right - usually the volume just goes down - one out of 100 tries works UGH). Is there an app for this that does not require rooting the phone?

As far as the camera goes - I used it quite a bit today and it is horrible. As far as an update goes - that worries me.

I had a razr maxx when it first came out running gingerbread - when ics came out it ruined the phone - I had to have the phone replaced 4 times and still had a ton of problems which Verizon then gave me the Galaxy S3. Yesterday I got the Razr Maxx HD running jellybean so am/was hopefull I wouldn't have the prior issues that I had. I am now afraid to have any software upgrades (I don't want to go the the hassle I had before). (my S3 upgraded from ICS to jellybean flawlessly).

I tried downloading the Camera Zoom app and that is no better then the stock camera.

Sadly as of today - I am seriously considering going back to the S3 and switching out batteries again.

Hodor

Reaction score
Can you possibly post some comparison photos between the S3 and the razor so we can see how much better they are? Everyone keeps saying the camera on the razor is lousy, but I have yet to see it? Thanks!

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
There is an update announced to be coming soon and it supposedly will help the camera out some.

About the screenshot just make sure you press both buttons at the same time. Power + volume down.

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

SJsRazr

Reaction score
I will try to take some pics of things that I have taken with my S3 and post.

The S3 takes fantastic pics in any lighting condition and it is much faster - push the button - poof picture
on the Rzr the shutter is much slower - forget about low light at all and sometimes the flash is not in sync with the shutter. I really hate to give up battery life but the screen shot and camera features are something that I need on a phone. I am so aggravated and it hasn't even been 24 hours not to mention I really don't want to set up another phone again so soon :(

jaydub5

Reaction score
Screen shot, as mentioned : make sure you hit both buttons AT THE SAME TIME... KEEP HOLDING UNTIL YOU
SEE THE SHOT BEING TAKEN!

Why did you switch from the Slll? Yes, this camera is NOT as good, but the small update should help,
we hope. There is NO excuse for this camera to be in such a nice phone.

SJsRazr

Reaction score
I have been practicing and getting a little better at the screen shot (the buttons do have to be pressed at the EXACT same time which I am not doing most times). On my s3 it had motion control...just swipe my hand across the screen and it would take the screen shot.

This phone is by far the worse camera I have used :(

My daughter was due for an upgrade and really wanted the s3...I gave her mine and got the upgrade for the maxx and put it on my line. I thought since much time has passed since my old maxx the maxx hd should be great and I really missed the battery life and the phone prior to all of the problems I had after the ics upgrade. I am just really hoping I can love this phone as much as i did the s3 in the next few days or I will be exchanging it for another s3 and go back to 2 batteries again.

I also noticed that apps seem to open much slower on the maxx vs the s3.

(Don't get me wrong, I do like a lot about the maxx hd as well)

jojo_blu

Reaction score
- i got used to the pwr + vol down button quick for the screen shot.
- at 1st i was upset with the quality of the camera shots. i found out that if you wait 1 more second for it to focus, it will take a good shot. HDR mode helps also
- the battery is much better than any other phone out there.
- ill take a phone that is made with better materials than a phone made out of plastic for the same price. The Galaxy is made out of plastic & feels cheap ( at least to me ), the droid razr maxx hd feels much better in my hand & doesn't have a cheap feel to me. that's my opinion though.
- droid razr maxx hd has more security
- you can encrypt the mototrola phone, im not sure if you can do that with the galaxy s3
i have used both, i settled on the droid razr maxx hd & i didn't regret it.
I think the droid razr maxx hd is a better phone.

SJsRazr

Reaction score
I am loving the battery life but getting more aggravated with this phone. I am going to creat a new post so I can hopefully get it solved (people may not look at camera to help me with this new problem.

I don't know if this is a Motorola problem or a razr problem but recall issues with my old razr. My gmail works just fine but my aol doesn't - which is my main email. Very frustrated!

jojo_blu

Reaction score
I am loving the battery life but getting more aggravated with this phone. I am going to creat a new post so I can hopefully get it solved (people may not look at camera to help me with this new problem.

I don't know if this is a Motorola problem or a razr problem but recall issues with my old razr. My gmail works just fine but my aol doesn't - which is my main email. Very frustrated!

I had a problem with my godaddy email. someone suggested an app called: MailDroid
i didnt use that app. i called moto tech support 800-734-5870. the tech guy logged into my cell phone and finessed the incoming settings, security, outgoing etc. tech had it up and running in less than 5 min.. godaddy settings are more complex than AOL. These motorola phones are more secure than other brands of cell phones.
Hope that helps

SJsRazr

Reaction score
Thank you all for your help...sorry to say I went and exchanged it with the S3. I couldn't get my AOL to work properly even with Verizon's help (I have an online business and email is extremely important to me - the camera and screenshot are also very important in my business and can't get them to work properly or work EVERY time). I also encountered the screen/phone freezing up from time to time which seemed to be for no reason - sometimes it would start working on its own and other times I would have to reboot it. I am definitely missing the battery life - but dependability and some features are more important. I don't think the Maxx HD is a bad phone - I just need specific things to work properly and it wasn't cutting it for me.
Thanks again for your help though :)

SJsRazr

Reaction score
One thing I forgot to mention...I deposit checks via my phone to my bank with no problems ever on the s3, when I tried this on the maxx HD, I had to take several pictures before my bank would accept it.