Camera

pkimi821

Reaction score
My camera doesn't focus well, all pics are blurry and it's on the auto setting....help!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How blurry. If its really bad you may need to take it in to vzw for a replacement. Can you take a pic and post it here for me to see?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

pool_shark

Reaction score
The D2 camera is not a good camera.
The pics come out better when taken in really good light. I also noticed they come out better using widescreen instead of 5MP.
You can also install Vignette software, it enhances the colors, but still needs fairly good light.

kswift

Reaction score
When on liberty is the camera still at 8mp

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Ambahb

Reaction score
Anyone know of a way to take a picture without using the touch screen shutter button?

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Anyone know of a way to take a picture without using the touch screen shutter button?

Download a third party camera app that allows the shutter button to be mapped to a hardware button. With Retro Camera+ (which was free in the Amazon appstore several weeks ago), I have it mapped to the K button on the keyboard as that felt like the most natural positioning for my thumb.

It can't be done with the stock camera app as far as I know.

Ambahb

Reaction score
Okay thanks! :) & yes deff a downfall with this phone.

google123

Reaction score
LittlePhoto allows the volume buttons to snap a picture....

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

kswiftt

Reaction score
Does anyone know why ever time i open my camera it is set to ws. I pick 8mp and next time I use it its back on ws. Any ideas?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Hi, that is a known bug with the Droid X camera. This is kind of a pain because even though there are a lot of camera apps on the market, I haven't found any really good free ones that don't require excessively intrusive privileges. My recommendation to you is to buy Vignette from the market. If anyone else knows of camera apps that work well and don't require things like Internet, Identity, etc. please share here.

sapientmonkey

Reaction score
if you are rooted, use droidwall app as a firewall and disallow those apps from connecting via 3g or wifi to protect your privacy.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Dolfan

Reaction score
I am having a hard time taking photos with the main camera trying to take photos back at me, I know your gonna say use the the front cam...but the front cam is not the quality the rear cam is...what Im wondering is there a way to make the camera button an easier thing to push being you cant see it while trying to take the photo..?

havens1515

Reaction score
I have a friend who has a bionic, and she says the camera is really "slow and sucky" (her words.) Is there anything she can do to improve the camera speed/quality? Any apps you guys would suggest or anything, or is it just because of crappy camera hardware in the Bionic? I assume she isn't rooted, because she's not very tech savvy.