Camera

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
If she's looking for an app to increase shutter speed, CameraZOOM FX is a great app. I think it's 3.99, I purchased it a while ago so I forget, but it's a great alternative to the stock camera. There are a few other paid camera apps in the marketplace; I've bought a few of them. But I like CameraZOOM the best because it does everything I want it to. It not only speeds up shutter speed, but it allows for a lot of customization as far as focus, ISO and special effects go. It also lets you assign external buttons for the shutter, which is something I really wanted since I hate using the screen to take shots. I have it set to use the volume rocker as the shutter button. Motorola is also coming out with an update soon (I think it should be here by the end of this month), so if she can wait to download it OTA, I think that'll improve the stock camera as well. The leaked updates all improved the camera, but if she's not tech savvy, she should probably just wait for the official OTA or buy a 3rd party app.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
I've been using the free version of Vignette for a couple of weeks and have been pleased, going to upgrade to Pro. I have experience less lag. There are some settings for speed-shot, have not messed with them. One of my friends who is a RIT ex-Kodak guy seems pretty pleased with it. Hope that helps!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's lots of camera apps. I do agree that Camera Zoom FX is great.

hexoneism

Reaction score
Is there any way to set the volume buttons as the shutter?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jpatterson

Reaction score
I tried to use my camera yesterday and it came up then went to a blank screen, went back to the home screen, said camera was unable to initialize. My phone is not rooted and I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem or knew how to fix it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

rentableisland1

Reaction score
What you could try is applications>mange applications>and find camera and clear the data.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using DroidForums

DocsDad

Reaction score
When all else fails.... try to reboot.

Volume down and power button until reboot (approx 10 seconds)

jpatterson

Reaction score
I rebooted and still no such luck.

DocsDad

Reaction score
Are you using any 3rd party camera apps?

Would hate to think about factory reset or hardware issue...

SallyC

Reaction score
I tried to use my camera yesterday and it came up then went to a blank screen, went back to the home screen, said camera was unable to initialize. My phone is not rooted and I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem or knew how to fix it.

Have you tried starting it up in Safe Mode?