Camera / SD Card / Signal Problems

jopie916

Reaction score
Ok, I'm at my wits end here. I got annoyed with the last update which caused battery and signal issues, so I decided to root and try CM10.1.

Now I have a several problems:

1. The Camera stopped working.
Every time I open the app it says "Camera Error", "Can't connect to the camera"

2. The phone no longer recognizes the external SD card.
When I go into settings->storage-> it says "Insert an SD card for mounting" with no option to actually mount.
I've tried reformatting the 32GB card as FAT32 with Windows 7 and with EaseUS Partition Master. I also tried a spare 512MB SD card I had laying around. No luck. Also, cannot mount in CWM.

3. Signal appears to be worse than before.
Before the OEM update I has fair 4G in my office, after the update I had fair 3G in my office, now I get a blip of 3G here and there.

I've tried multiple ROMs, including CM10.10 RC5, CM10.1-20130411 M snapshot, CleanROM 6 R2, and AOKP Milestone 1. None of these ROMs fix any of the three problems listed above.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OP
J

jopie916

Reaction score
It looks like I solved #3 (reception issue). I flashed the full I535VRBMB1 firmware via odin. I now have 4G where before I couldn't even get 3G, unfortunately the camera and SD card problems are still there... :mad:

CORRECTION: the camera is working too. The first time I tried to open the camera app, it gave me the same "can't connect to camera" error as before, but after a couple minutes it started working. It appears to work correctly and take pictures. However the CD card problem is still there after multiple reboots and swapping SD cards. It just says "Insert SD Card"

Last edited: