Camera protection?

RodgerRodger

Reaction score
Saw it mentioned in another thread, but no one responded, and this has been my biggest question since I first saw a picture of the phone, let alone held one in my hand: the extremely exposed camera.

Has anyone figured out a decent way of protecting it?

I bought an invisible shield for an older model flip phone for a dollar at best buy and cut out a cover for the camera, but it definitely takes a toll on picture quality. So have your choice: permanently scratched lens and resulting blurry pictures, or unscratched protected lens with resulting blurry pictures?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
As a side note, read all the forums about screen protectors. Definitely suffering from orange peel and sticky drag on my fingers when scrolling/swyping. Protector still ripples and bubbles with different cases, etc. Not too happy, but not sure if its worth switching to anther one. After reading forums, Steinheil seems to be the most talked about, am I right? It sounds like steinheil vs. zagg. Is there a definitive benefit of one over the other? I like that zagg you don't have to replace after a while...it can't be scratched. but there are many negatives as I've said before... also, is seidio's case in the running at all or is it mainly zagg vs. steinheil?

thank you!

Last edited:

haru3173

Reaction score
The speck cover from verizon protects the camera nicely. Its also one of the reasons I bought a case for Dinc cause the camera is too exposed. I'm not too picky about screen protectors but I bought the one from verizon store and their rep also installed it perfectly with no air bubbles and such. Whats the difference with all these screen protectors because some are really expensive. I got 3 screen protectors for just $13 at verizon store while zagg sells them for $15 but you'll only get 1.

hydro556

Reaction score
My Seidio Surface case protects the lens. Not from direct attack, but from passive attack, LOL.

The surface of the Surface (LOL) extends further out than the lens itself, so if you lie the phone on the camera side, it doesnt get touched. It is not as if we are talking about a thousand dollar Nikon lens, it is just a phone camera. You would have to get a pretty nasty contusion on the thing to really screw up pictures anyway.

OP
RodgerRodger

RodgerRodger

Reaction score
a girl thing?

Maybe its just me, but I don't always have flat places for my phone to rest. Maybe because I'm a girl, but the phone gets thrown in and out of purses, and you may or may not know about the environment of a purse but it is a bad place for an exposed camera lense. Sharp hard things like change and jewelry could easily ruin the lense, and after what I paid for the phone, letting that happen is a joke. I know the lense isn't that expensive but to me the phone was and it just makes sense to protect it.

vireya

Reaction score
iVE BEEN SWITCHING BATTERIES RECENTLY AND THUS HAFTA KEEP TAKING sEIDO INNOCASE OFF/ON

I have been getting adhesive on the camera lens as the inner felt lining of the case becomes folded, exposing the glue

Lilah

Reaction score
My camera lens has 3 small cracks. It has not been dropped but does come in and out of my purse. But I think unprotected the lens just sticks out too far. I posted this on another thread too, I bought the Speck case and it protects perfect, the only thing is it scratches so easily and the gloss is dull where you hold the phone. After having it just a week today the case looks like crap and looks like I've had it for months on the phone. Fail.

OP
RodgerRodger

RodgerRodger

Reaction score
Re: Lila

yeah, i probably bought the same case. it was a clip together case from best buy, and had a matte finish that actually peeled off wherever i held the phone or where the edges were. Best buy was awesome and let me return it, but yeah i only had it a few days and it looked like sh!t.

haru3173

Reaction score
No the speck cover isn't a clip together case. Its this one
htc_incredible_speck_cov.png

Although I agree with lilah that the case is prone to scratching but I had this case for 2 weeks and it still looks perfect (except for the scratches)

shadow man

Reaction score
I have the Innocase and the rugged addition. While a tad bulky, the rugged does have a flap that can be pulled back when needed, but otherwise covers the lens...the only real option for protecting it it seems. I keep mine in the holster most of the time either way. I try to take good care of my gadgets.