camera not working! im on .246 please hellllpppp!

BeHell

Reaction score
So I just bought a used bionic off eBay. Its on build. 246 and when I try to open the camera, nothing happens. I don't even get the failed to initialize error. No force closes or anything. I've done the hard reset, I've done the force stop in the manage apps. I'm not not sure if its the OTA build or the leaked version. As far as I know its not rooted. Any suggestions or known fixes would be awesome! Could I reflash. 246 ? Maybe something didn't completely take....

mattjenn

Reaction score
Get the fxz files for 246 and fxz to fresh stock ICS that should fix as long as its not a hardware issue

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did the camera ever work?

Have you ever installed another camera app and see if that worked?

OP
B

BeHell

Reaction score
I don't know if it ever worked! Id imagine it did at some point! Hasn't worked for me since I've had it the last 2 days! And I don't think its hardware issue. I used my other bionic for parts to rule that out. I swapped cameras, sim tray(the camera flash contacts are on this) and the back frame. They all work in my good phone. And still. Nothing on the .246 bionic. And where do I get the fxz for .246? I can boot that from my SD card in android recovery right?

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
And where do I get the fxz for .246? I can boot that from my SD card in android recovery right?

Link to thread below in my signature.
No you can't boot it from the Sd card in recovery. You have to flash the phone with RSDLite.

OP
B

BeHell

Reaction score
Link to thread below in my signature.
No you can't boot it from the Sd card in recovery. You have to flash the phone with RSDLite.

Thanks! I used the HOB method today. Still....doesn't do anything. The camera will just not open at all! I downloaded a stock 4.04 camera.apk and still, nothing...makes me think it is still hardware. But I've swapped the camera already and still nothing
And the camera I took out of it was fine so it makes me think its software! When I installed .246, that installs absolutely everything right
Is it possible someone messed with some system files or something that could still be affecting this??

dfcfu342

Reaction score
Try a camera app from the market, perhaps your phone just doesn't like the stock camera app.

dfcfu342

Reaction score
You never stated you tried so I was just throwing it out there. If a full FDR and a .246 FXZ don't clear it up then I have no clue what would.

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Thanks! I used the HOB method today. Still....doesn't do anything. The camera will just not open at all! I downloaded a stock 4.04 camera.apk and still, nothing...makes me think it is still hardware. But I've swapped the camera already and still nothing
And the camera I took out of it was fine so it makes me think its software! When I installed .246, that installs absolutely everything right
Is it possible someone messed with some system files or something that could still be affecting this??

When you flash the phone it installs all the original files as if it came out of the box. (system files & all)
As far as HOB it depends on what path you take.
A lot of the issues with ICS coming from GB was the cache being corrupted. (The system cache & or the app cache.)
In HOB there is a path that does not erase your internal SD card & if there is corrupted files on there from some other app that works with the camera those files could be causing your problem.

In short if you did not erase the internal sd card the problem could be there still.
I would move everything you want to keep to the external SD card sync everything for the latest back up & do a complete FXZ with RSDlite to .246 ICS.

If that does not fix it you have a hardware problem & I would go back & make sure you installed the hardware perfectly.
Not saying you didn't do the install correctly, but I have learned over the years with trouble shooting.
When the obvious fix you expect doesn't work, it is usually some other dumb little thing that got over looked because you were expecting the obvious.:blink: