Force Close on Social Apps and Gallery

trybutez

Reaction score
I apologize if I'm asking a question that's already been answered, but I must have missed it. I purchased a Droid Bionic yesterday and so, while I may encounter more problems, I've already hit three that annoying-

1. Facebook App- the app force closes before I even have a chance to log in. I've never actually even seen the screen. It's white for half a sec, and then force closed.

2. Google + App- seems to work, but even after the app is closed I repeatedly get force close messages concerning it minutes, or even an hour later. Thus far, only solution I've found to stop the repeated FC's is to uninstall.

3. Gallery- This one opens, but choose three of the five options (Camera Roll, My Library, Online) and it force closes. Likewise, Gallery force closes when you try to open it from the camera itself - meaning I haven't even been able to view any of the pictures I've taken.

Thankfully, I don't appear to have any of the connectivity errors that I've seen posted about, but likewise, I haven't seen any posts specifically on these three. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Facebook and Google + (Gallery is preinstalled). I've tried removing the battery and the sim card. All to no avail.

If anyone has magic solutions, I promise to name my first born after you! Thanks!

ConqSoft

Reaction score
3. I had a similar problem with Gallery also. Turned out there was a corrupt image on the phone somewhere that the Gallery app couldn't handle, but other gallery apps had no problem with. Try the QuickPic app from the market (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.alensw.PicFolder&hl=en) and see if it will bring up all your images. If you see pics that look blank, or that you don't recognize, delete them. Then, go to Manage Apps, find Gallery, and use the Clear Data / Clear Cache buttons. Then try running Gallery again.

Worked for me.