Guide to use RSDLite to install the .246 ICS FXZ - updated 10-24-2012

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
lol... sometimes the answer was always right there...glad that was all you needed to do. I wasn't sure what I did wrong with the script I was testing for you to do that but I wasn't sure I wanted to try again, lmao...anyways congrats on getting your issue corrected.

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
hahahaha.
yeah tyvm for the time.
wish i had known it was that wasy to reformat. lol o well.
if possible is there a way to avoid this with the items we already have?
i know its harder working with motorola.
but if there is a way for it to be easier for anyone else doing this step.

lol i had to let my friend know "hey if we get recalled, email me..."
thank you again.
tom

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
that's what I was trying, to write that erase command from fastboot, but rebooting the bootloader somehow reset my phone. regardless though it appears that it's pretty easy to erase/reformat the sdcard partition from settings so no real need to go that far...I was kinda thinking that perhaps you weren't able to see that storage partition from your phone neither.

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
well when something goes wrong on my phone, i kinda go into the black. and just freak out. OMG MY phone!!!!!!!

again
thank you for your help and time.
sincerley,
tom

out

jasoneden

Reaction score
Hello all,
I am having a problem with whole process. When using RSDLite, and pressing the "..." button to find the proper file, I cannot find the phone listed under "My Computer" within the dropdown menu. It only shows my hard drive and dvd drive. Therefore, I can't choose the file to start the process of flashing my phone. Am I doing something wrong?

OP
sst45jeff

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Hello all,
I am having a problem with whole process. When using RSDLite, and pressing the "..." button to find the proper file, I cannot find the phone listed under "My Computer" within the dropdown menu. It only shows my hard drive and dvd drive. Therefore, I can't choose the file to start the process of flashing my phone. Am I doing something wrong?

Read the guide again it sounds like you are confused on what you are doing.

Import roller

Reaction score
will this work with the new OTA as well? If i go back to .246 i can take the OTA, and then reroot the phone?

ldubs

Reaction score
What os version are you on now? You can root 246, protect with voodoo and take the ota.

sent from my beantastic Bionic

OP
sst45jeff

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
will this work with the new OTA as well? If i go back to .246 i can take the OTA, and then reroot the phone?

If you have all ready taken an update newer than 246 you can not go back. There is security stuff that keeps you from being able to flash an older version after upgrading. You will brick the phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Import roller

Reaction score
I updated to.246 awhile ago using this thread, but the new ota is making my phone slow and i need to update it. I searched a bit and couldn't find a thread for the new update. I saw the blurry 3.0 thread, I'm on blurry maxx right now, but it didn't Show how to do the update first.

ldubs

Reaction score
What new update? The jellybean ota is it. Nothing further after that. And there won't be.

Import roller

Reaction score
there is a recent update in the past month or two that i keep ignoring. I believe it's suppose to be ICS update, not a JB update. I kinda want to run the new Blurry Rom, but from what i've been reading, I can't root this phone again if i get the new OTA. which means, I will lose my free hotspot feature until one of the developers comes out with a new rom hack for the OTA

Here is what i have currently
IMG_20130615_144230_zpseefb6325.jpg

Last edited:

ldubs

Reaction score
There's the confusion. You're still on ICS. The ota is jellybean. There is no further update to ICS. You can protect root with voodoo and keep it thru the ota to jellybean. Jb is also rootable now too.

Import roller

Reaction score
I looked in the market for voodoo, and toomany things came up to know what I'm looking for. There's no real thread i found on how to do the new jb update and then root and then install the new rom

Thostifer

Reaction score
Bionic Bliss

THANK YOU!!!! I was on .902 running Eclipse (quite nice), but wanted ICS, followed your simple guidance and tada... here I am on an updated system... only now I have to re-root :)