Camera issue again

nplenn

Reaction score
Hate to beat a dead horse, but...

Just purchase a Droid and certainly love phone...The one thing I notice is that while I can take a picture and have it save to the SD card using the touchscreen button, if I attempt this using the camera button the thing flashes, but nothing saves. I assume this is the dreaded focus issue, though this may not be the case...

Do I need to return the phone to Verizon or is this something that the 12/11 patch might repair???

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
should save. I used both methods and both my pictures saved... shuld look around to make sure you did snap a pic.

sir

Reaction score
never realized pressing the camera button took the picture...i'll have to give that a try.

cgarnes

Reaction score
Off-topic, for sure, and I apologize, but as slick as this phone is, when I am taking photos with the virtual camera button, I've almost dropped this phone a few times (never did, thank God). However, this phone could really use a bracelet/handstrap (I hated those on my other phones, but on this phone, it's shocking that there isn't even a place for one).

I think I've noticed that pressing the dedicated camera button issue, too. If I want a photo to save, I need to use the virtual button.

Also, when I take photos, I always get the red corners. Have never gotten the "green box".

I'm going to follow this thread. These are good questions/comments.

Trever1t

Reaction score
i use the gold button and have no issues taking or saving pics. well, other than that damn focusing issue.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
Note that the gold hardware camera button is a two-stage switch. If you press softly, you will focus (or it will once the OTA update fixes the autofocus problems) but in order to actually snap the photo, you must press harder and get to the second stage. In this, it is like many dedicated camera switches.

The onscreen button is a single press that focuses (or not) and snaps the photo.

OP
N

nplenn

Reaction score
I realize that the gold button is two stage, and do press it hard enough to take picture...It seems that unless the corners are green, the picture won't save...I took off autofocus and hopefully that will work in the interim 'til OTA release...

superglen99

Reaction score
I must be lucky cause I have no problems with the camera at all. it takes pictures wether green or red and focuses easily and saves. my only comlaint is the long load time from taking the picture to the live feed showing up, iphone has Droid beat in that aspect, even my old Dare was quicker, I hope the OTA takes care of that as well