Camera Issues

lissuhllama

Reaction score
On my Droid 2, I've been having serious camera issues.. I've had this phone since the week it came out and all was well and good until about three weeks ago.. I pulled the phone out to snap a picture and it wouldn't focus..

Later the same night it started focusing again.. but I lost it again a week later.. It works off and on but hasn't wanted to focus right for the last week now.. I've tried rebooting, deleted several apps (thought it was a barcode scanning app.. that seemed to be the last app i downloaded before it messed up, deleted it, no luck) wiped the screen, and tried removing the battery. Has anyone fixed this issue successfully? I know I'm not the only one..

Very strange thing started two days ago though.. when I press the button halfway down it usually flashes red instead of green.. now the box in the middle is completely GONE. No idea where it went.. just lets me snap blurry pictures.. doesn't even try to warn me..

Any other ideas I haven't tried?

bionic4.0

Reaction score
did you try cleaning the lens, check setting in camera, and try and download vingette try that and see if it helps

OP
L

lissuhllama

Reaction score
The only fix I could find was getting a refurbished phone. This upset me greatly because I'd only had the phone a month and a week. :\

mkenney

Reaction score
Make sure you don't leave the phone in self portrait mode. That has an autofocus that only works in the right circumstances (i.e. when the camera thinks its located a face).

shmoo

Reaction score
Its not just the droid 2 guys. I've had this problem for 6 months or more with my D1. Kinda seems as were S.O.L. unless we want a refurb

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App