Problem with gold camera button

Brugeek

Reaction score
Pushing the button won't take a picture, or even auto-focus a picture, but if I push it from the home screen it starts the camera. I've only had my droid a week and only used the on screen button to take a picture, so I hadn't noticed until I tried to do the manual 2.01 update and nothing happened when I pushed the volume up and camera button. Tried to use it for a picture after that and got nowhere.

So did I get a bad phone or is there a setting somewhere I missed to shut the button off?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
my camera button still works after the 2.0.1 update but it definitely takes more "pressure" to get it to work. In fact, I had to reboot and battery pull to get it to work at all after updating.

You're not alone on this... although mine still works, just not very well. Still takes pictures though so I'm ok with it :)

Salvadroid Dali

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. I found that if I press the gold button, after it autofocuses, I press the gold button again. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I wonder if one of the apps I downloaded has somehow disengaged it. I might have to uninstall some just to make sure. Good luck!

dj928

Reaction score
Any solution to this? When I press the gold button, it just focuses. Never actually takes a picture.