Pushing the camera button opens a message box...

pastorjohn

Reaction score
Everytime I push the gold camera button on my droid, the compose text message box opens up.

I have to go through the menu, click camera and then the gold button actually takes a picture...

Weird huh?

Can I change this?

Thanks

John

Tracyap

Reaction score
Having the exact same problem, John. Started yesterday. Weird. I've been through all of the settings and I can't find a fix. Hopefully someone will reply with a suggestion.

Xerozix

Reaction score
Hey guys. Here's what I'm thinking.

Have you guys been holding down the gold key? That's how it starts up the camera.

When you have the box, have you tried typing something in, then hitting the return key? It's shaped like a U-Turn sign. See where the text goes.

medicTHREE

Reaction score
Did you recently install any programs? I think handcent has an option for this. I know I had an app do this, I just don't recall which.

medicTHREE

Reaction score
yup it was handcent. Go into it, settings, very last option is quick compose. Uncheck.

Tracyap

Reaction score
Yes, I've held down the camera button. It's the way I've brought up the camera and taken pics - all Thanksgiving weekend long. Thank you for the suggestion, though. I sent myself a text from the box that popped up and it didn't do anything.

medicTHREE

Reaction score
Yes, I've held down the camera button. It's the way I've brought up the camera and taken pics - all Thanksgiving weekend long. Thank you for the suggestion, though. I sent myself a text from the box that popped up and it didn't do anything.

Look at the posts above yours. Answer is there.

Tracyap

Reaction score
The Handcent setting was the trick. It's working again. Thanks a bunch!!

H

Highflyin128

I have this issue aslo and I do not have Handcent nor ever did. I have SMS Popup and quick reply is not checked.

CAN ANYBODY HELP?

DiamondFX

Reaction score
Thanks!!!

Thanks so much !! :icon_ banana:
This thread is the reason I came to the forum.. Finally, pressing the camera button turns on the CAMERA again!!
Verizon couldn't help.. didn't think to check Handcent SMS..
:clap:

sqldroidx

Reaction score
Thanks

yup it was handcent. Go into it, settings, very last option is quick compose. Uncheck.
dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:You saved me a lot of time. Thanks for the quick fix you were a life saver.