Droid Camera Focus Question

dislecksea

Reaction score
I have a new Moto Droid running 2.01. When I try to use the camera to scan barcodes it seems to focus for 1/4 of a second and then pop out of focus and try again. It makes barcode scanning questionable.

Since I am on 2.01 I assume that this isn't the infamous camera issue from the original release. Right? Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Miles

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a new Moto Droid running 2.01. When I try to use the camera to scan barcodes it seems to focus for 1/4 of a second and then pop out of focus and try again. It makes barcode scanning questionable.

Since I am on 2.01 I assume that this isn't the infamous camera issue from the original release. Right? Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Miles

The bar code scanner and the camera are really two different apps. I know what you're saying about it going in and out of focus, it's my experience that this is just how bar code scanners work on phones. My Blackberry Storm did the exact same thing...only Droid gets the barcode faster. :)

ShowTime

Reaction score
Any and all of my apps that scan barcodes do the exact same thing. The trick is to make sure you hold the phone perfectly parallel to the barcode, otherwise (in my experience) it will just sit there focusing indefinitely. I've gotten the hang of it and find it picks up the barcode almost immediately.