My camera is suddenly focusing like it should!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

denlem

Reaction score
Okay, I had some issues with some apps where I decided to do a factory reset.

Like everyone else, my camera has a hard time focusing. Well, after my reset, the camera suddenly seems to be focusing much better!

I noticed this while reading bar codes reinstalling my apps. Instead of focusing in and out constantly and settling on a blurred image, it attempted the focusing once or twice and captured the barcode in focus.

I then took a few pics inside and focusing went quick and pics were in focus. Previously I would take pics and get the red bars. Now they are coming up green.

Now, for those who haven't done a reset and are not aware, when you do that, the phone needs to be programmed, so you need to go through the *228 process with it.

Could it be possible that Verizon is quietly pushing a camera update during this programming?

The camera does not have the same issues it had before my reset.

Is there a way to tell if there has been any sort of updated, even if it's just the camera and not the bigger Dec 11 update?

My Firmware is still showing 2.0 and the build is ESD20. Are the baseband and kernal versions updated on software updates?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, they have been reporting that some of the autofocus problems that people have been having might get fixed if you do a hard reset. Mine although was not one of those ;) so i must wait like most others. But i am glad that yours is working :)

OP
denlem

denlem

Reaction score
Wow, I've wiped down the lens quite a bit in the past and didn't see that fix it in the past. I wonder if that is what finally did it for me?

I just took my greasy Cheez-it covered fingers and messup the lens and it's still focusing.

Hmmm....

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
They could have put out a quiet fix, it's possible just haven't seen any update to the number on my build or firmware or anything.

OP
denlem

denlem

Reaction score
Firmware and build hasn't changed, but these 2 i'm not sure of...

Baseband version C_01.3B.01P

Kernal version 2.6.29-omap1-g04df51f android-build@apa26 #477

foolie

Reaction score
Yes its working. Attached below is a pic I took of text, before I could never focus it! Camera works now, one big less thing for me to worry about...now to get the phone rooted :D

2640wfr.jpg

tablatronix

Reaction score
OMG mine too. This doesnt make any sense. I even did a factory reset a few days ago and it did nothing to fix it. I did notice that some of my widgets were broken this morning an di had to reset them up. hmm. I guess I should test the quality now to see if its just lines color.

Last edited:

Inundated

Reaction score
Add me to the list. I had the usual poorly focusing clicking camera, and as of this afternoon, it is FIXED. Auto-focus is quick, and I am getting the green arrows for the first time ever. Bar code scanning works and works well, and quickly...takes no more a second or two to pick up any bar code. And no more clicking!

I'm thrilled!

cLovis_ll

Reaction score
i actually had mine replaced due to heat issues.. the old one wont focus but the new one they gave me is all green corners!!! i am loving it!!!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The camera focuses so quickly now. I can actually use ShopSavvy now!

matthai5

Reaction score
Google’s Dan Morrill explained that the camera issues have been pinned down to a date-related bug:
There’s a rounding-error bug in the camera driver’s autofocus routine (which uses a timestamp) that causes autofocus to behave poorly on a 24.5-day cycle. That is, it’ll work for 24.5 days, then have poor performance for 24.5 days, then work again.
The 17th is the start of a new “works correctly” cycle, so the devices will be fine for a while. A permanent fix is in the works.

Status
Not open for further replies.