Camera Flash Problem

EVHalen

Reaction score
Ok so I have a new Droid Incredible, but I don't know how to fix this problem. The camera app opens just fine, but when I actually snap the picture, the screen goes black and the phone seems to die. None of the buttons or screen commands will work at this point. So I have to end up taking the battery out and doing a hard reset every time I try to snap a pic. And in the end, I don't end up with the pic anyway! On a side note, this problem only happens when the flash is on and the phone is running on battery only. It works great with no flash, or when plugged into an outlet. Anybody know what to do about this problem?

Reaction score
You could always try a master reset, that might fix it. If not, i would take it back.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP
E

EVHalen

Reaction score
You could always try a master reset, that might fix it. If not, i would take it back.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

How do I do that? Is that the same as restoring factory settings in the "settings" app?

GT944

Reaction score
From what you're describing, I wonder if your issue is not with the phone but with the battery not being able to sustain the power draw of a flash unless its got the amperage of the charger.

I'd go for getting a battery warrantied before the reset, or if the reset doesn't solve the issue.

Sent from my ADR6300

jpd

Reaction score
Straight up the phone should not be doing that. I would take it back and have the store exchange it.