Dual Flash too much?

Jamar

Reaction score
Has anyone else found the dual LED flash on the Incredible incredibly irritating? I like to take pictures when I go out with friends and every time I take a pic the flash is way too bright and people look like ghosts in my pics.

Is there a way to lessen the brightness so it's not so blinding?

kenbiz

Reaction score
Yeah I agree the flash is way too much. I tried putting electrical tape over one of the led's

DInc_Mo

Reaction score
Its way easier than that, when you go to take a picture just select the pulldown menu or hit menu next to the trackball. Then, select the icon that looks like a star and slide the bar titled exposure brightness. No need for electrical tape.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

B

bigsapz

Good looking out! Thanx!

SwampDog35

Reaction score
Wow. Made a big difference. Thanks.

windstrings

Reaction score
Whether a dual LED or a much better camera, its always a challenge to take a good picture close with a flash.

I use "no flash" for most of my shots..... that way everything in the picture has a nice even balance without things being either correct exposure up close and dark in the background, or too bright up close and correct in the background.

One solution is to stand back and zoom up to your target... the flash makes the trip and the distance seems to hit background objects with a better balance of intensity with the subject than it does when the subject is too close.

Turning down the brightness will help the overexposure alright but will also kill the background making it even darker.

Single LED phone camera's handle close shots easier but then can't make the trip to the background.

As with any camera, it takes learning the camera's limitations and either staying within limits or altering the environment to compensate.

More times than not... not using a flash takes a much better picture than using the flash.
You just need a little more care to keep the camera still so it doesn't blur the shot as less light usually means longer exposures and less depth of field.