Camera button not working?

Milksteak

Reaction score
I've experienced a very strange problem. I cannot access my camera by pushing & holding the button, therefore having to manually click the camera icon on my phone. When it opens, the camera itself is working but I cannot take a picture via the button on the side of the phone. Normally I'd assume this was a faulty button, but it was working yesterday. This is my 2nd day to own the phone. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

mdalzell

Reaction score
Same problem here - Verizon guy had never seen or heard of it but google says it's a common problem. Pulling the battery worked once for me, switching to video worked once and the third time nothing would fix it. It appears to be a hardware problem... the shutter is staying closed but the phone doesn't realize it, so everything it takes is just black. Also, my camera button has never worked... I didn't realize it was even supposed to bring up the camera until Verizon told me. Hoping for a fix...

Mark.

KLM55

Reaction score
Camera issue

I have had some issues with the phone that started right after I downloaded TTS service extended. That install seemed to hang and I pulled the battery. Phone would not restart but when I inserted the USB cable the phone started up and seemed back to normal. That was 4 days ago and I've used the camera without any problems. Just now I tried launching the camera from the icon (page 2 right) that came on the phone and got a black screen could go "home" but no camera with button or icons. Tried pulling the battery, phone wouldn't come on. Plugged in USB, wallah. Everything works fine even the camera, button and all icons. I'm glad it's working but it sure makes me nervous. I could not find any way to unistall TTS service.

darrick04

Reaction score
It seems when you open the camera app->setting->focus mode->infinity/macro (just make sure auto focus is unchecked).... may fix this problem.
I was having very similar issues with the side button not working. It seems the camera constantly tries to focus but never takes the picture. Hope this helps?

mdalzell

Reaction score
I called Verizon tech support and they said the black screen is a known issue and they sent me out a new phone. Hopefully the next one is a good one. Seems like they have the phones in stock... called Monday night and they mailed out a new one Tuesday morning.

Mark.

wjones21

Reaction score
i'm having the same type of problem. when i click the snap button to take a photo, my camera focuses in on whatever i have it aimed at. then the target on the screen turns green and it makes a beep-beep tone. but it won't capture a photo at all. the camera just sits there as if i didn't press the snap button.

at first i thought it was a problem with the actual button. however, it will capture video when i enter the camcorder mode. i don't understand what's wrong. i've tried pulling the battery and sd card and neither solved my problem.