Camera cannot take photos

MelisaLang

Reaction score
The Droid X is amazing! However, I cannot take photos. When I press the camera button, it appears to focus and sometimes the flash even goes off, then nothing. It doesn't matter whether I hold the button down or just click quickly. It has randomly worked about 1 out of 20 attempts... Is it just a bad phone issue?

mwm523

Reaction score
You're aware the camera button has two "positions" right? It clicks in once to focus, and then you click it in further to take the picture. You may not be pressing it in all the way, in which case it won't snap a pic.

dbklyn73

Reaction score
I've tried everything and thew camera does not take good photos. They're blurry and hard to take. I figured out that you have to press the button halfway to focus then to take a pic. However, this does not solve the problem. I called Verizon and they admitted that this is a defect on some of the Droid X phones. They also claimed it is software related. Therefore, people with this problem need to wait until an update comes out. If you're still under the 30 day worry-free period from Verizon you should bring it back (like I'm gonna do). There is a chance that another phone will not have this problems.

I agree, I love the phone but if it doesn't take clear pictures then its worthless

focuspuller

Reaction score
Had the same problem with mine.

I called tech support on another issue. He had me turn off the phone, remove the battery and wait a full minute. Put the battery back in and turned on the phone and call *228, option one. The phone got the over the air programing stuff and it not only fixed my other issue, it fixed the camera one also.

I just aim and press the red button and it works.

liferefugee

Reaction score
I have found that the image you see right after taking the photo may not be what it turns out to look like. I took some that I thought were a little blurry, posted to facebook, and when I checked them out on my computer later, they looked just fine.

dbklyn73

Reaction score
Udating the phone worked a bit. Now maybe 1 in 5 pics are blurry. Still too much in my book. Going to try and exchange it and see if its a defective phone.