Came over here to check out the Inc 2 since I need a global phone

Reaction score
Its between this and the D3 since I need a global phone for traveling all over the place. I am pretty much dead set on the D3 but just wanted to see what the competition offers. From what I am seeing, the Inc2 is a nice phone but I don't see anything really... outstanding that would make me change my mind. I know it has more RAM and the screen is debatable being that the D3 has pentile but honestly is there any reason to get this over the D3 now that they are both free? I can't go out and play with the phones either as VZW stores, BB etc... do not have anything but dummy models of these phones now.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Wow no replies?

The Dinc2 rocks, my man. I like it very much.
It's stable it's fast it doesn't bog down when you "app it up".
I swear I have 50 apps installed...

But the D3 and DINC2 aren't in the same market imo.
Want a keyboard? D3
Don't want a keyboard? DINC2

Simple.

nikecar

Reaction score
He answered his own question that he's set on the D3. I'm not going to persuade him. I enjoy my inc2

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.

tjb90291

Reaction score
Icredible 2 kicks@ ss

Sent from my HTC Incredible 2 using DROID Forums.

mbd4524

Reaction score
I just came from a Droid pro and I do not regret my decision. I use the Inc 2 strictly as a travel phone on GSM.
The one thing I am dissapointed in is the battery life. I had read before that people were very happy with it but for some reason I am not feeling that. I can not go a full day without charging are some point. I am not a heavy user. It is about as good as my Droid pro was, I just thought it would be a lot better.
Any ideas?

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

nikecar

Reaction score
I just came from a Droid pro and I do not regret my decision. I use the Inc 2 strictly as a travel phone on GSM.
The one thing I am dissapointed in is the battery life. I had read before that people were very happy with it but for some reason I am not feeling that. I can not go a full day without charging are some point. I am not a heavy user. It is about as good as my Droid pro was, I just thought it would be a lot better.
Any ideas?

I had ok battery, then the update to .4 did wonders for the battery.

Lately though around the holidays, its tanked. I just bought a portable battery charger because of it.

tjb90291

Reaction score
I too have experienced poor battery life try juice defender it toggles connectivity apps when not in use bossted my battery about 1.7x over stock great app

Sent from my HTC Incredible 2.

Insidious

Reaction score
Also if you want a little more processing power then the D3 is for you. Honestly, its not a super amazing difference. Both phones are very good; my girlfriend has a Dinc2 and she loves it.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Last edited:

nikecar

Reaction score
Also if you want a little more processing power then the D3 is for you. Honestly, its not a super amazing difference. Both phones are very good; my girlfriend has a Dinc2 and she loves it.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Yes, but the inc2 has more system memory and just about every review and initial thoughts from users here rave about the phone's speed.

I'll take more system memory over a slight processor upgrade.

OP
S
Reaction score
You know... I had never thought of just picking up an inc2 or some other GSM phone used and have as a dedicated travel phone... that would free me up to go after a higher end phone for use here... I bet there are some cheap inc2s or tmo/att phones out there too like a captivate... no idea why something so blatant never occurred to me...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

mbd4524

Reaction score
I am glad to hear that I am not the only 1 with battery problems. I just wanted to make sure that my device is not defective. I had been reading that people were saying they got 2 days plus out of their battery. I don't make it through the day.

tjb90291

Reaction score
Some inc2s seem to use more battery than others and im not sure why.

Sent from my HTC Incredible 2.