Camcorder issues with corcor kernel?

esheesle

Reaction score
Have tried the elite series 2/3 and the dc variant of the corcor kernels(250-800mhz, sv) and when I run the camcorder in high quality i get constant hangs and jumpiness in the video both while taking and replaying. Stock kernel with dc12 works just fine though. Ideas?

Get much better battery life and performance overall with corcor's kernel other than that though.

OP
E

esheesle

Reaction score
so nobody else has this issue with corcor's kernels?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I haven't used the camcorder in some time. However, I was getting clipping and such well before CorCor was making kernels. Was on stock rooted with Chevy's 1100 IIRC.

I'm sorry I couldn't have been of more help, but I know in the past it has been jumpy on another kernel.

Have you tried any of RaidZero's kernels? IIRC CorCor is (was?) using his tool to create the kernels, so maybe try his out and see if it has something to do with the tool he created to make them? Just throwing a suggestion out there.

Last2No

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just ran a camcorder test, I have DC12 running corcor 250/1200 @ 700. During a 60 second recording session I have no issues or during playback.

I run "fix permissions" in rom manager after I setup a new rom or if I see any operating issues.

Last edited:

CorCor67

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
corey-spencer.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I don't recall ever having issues recording videos besides occasionally hanging when stopping and that's something I've always had. The first set of kernels I released were based on RaidZero's source, his tool is to make a boot.img which is what you need for a rom, I use it occasionally but a kernel in update.zip form doesn't have a boot.img in it. I used Petes source for these current versions so it wouldn't have anything to do with RaidZero's tool.

I will keep the issues you're having in mind when working on the new DC kernel, I might alredy have something to fix you're problem...but I'm not experiencing the same issues so its just a guess if it will fix it. I will make a note to ask testers to try recording video to see if we have the problem in the new build.

OP
E

esheesle

Reaction score
I don't recall ever having issues recording videos besides occasionally hanging when stopping and that's something I've always had. The first set of kernels I released were based on RaidZero's source, his tool is to make a boot.img which is what you need for a rom, I use it occasionally but a kernel in update.zip form doesn't have a boot.img in it. I used Petes source for these current versions so it wouldn't have anything to do with RaidZero's tool.

I will keep the issues you're having in mind when working on the new DC kernel, I might alredy have something to fix you're problem...but I'm not experiencing the same issues so its just a guess if it will fix it. I will make a note to ask testers to try recording video to see if we have the problem in the new build.

It only seems to occur when recording in high quality mode. Stopping hangs almost everytime(will record another 30 seconds or so most times even before finally stopping). Video is jumpy and hangs on start recording to. I know my phone doesn't like lv kernels but yours isn't so not sure what's up. Stock kernel has no issues at all though.

Have tried the fix permissions stuff already so that isn't it. Thanks for keeping it in mind! Look forward to trying another version. Your kernel just has such better battery life, not to mention responsiveness.

OP
E

esheesle

Reaction score
Any new kernels to try out corcor? Love your kernels for performance and battery life.

CorCor67

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
corey-spencer.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Not yet, have a new set in the works just having trouble finding the time to put into them, just started a new job an hour drive away & working 2hrs more every day so just cut 4hrs of my day off from switching...hopefully soon though :)