Calling Google Voice number goes directly to Voicemail

OP
O

osiris123d

Reaction score
So I guess originally I was forwarding to my new Verizon number which is why I was able to receive calls and then I disabled the forwarding because I was getting txt messages. So when I disabled it I stopped receiving calls.

The reason I didn't want to receive texts is because I only want to use the google sms txt. If I am forwarding all the calls/sms to my verizon number then I am going to receive those txts when they get forwarded to me correct?

I always thought it was possible to receive calls on Google Voice without having to forward it to a real Mobile number.

Am I wrong here?

dB Zac

Reaction score
By chance, after you set it up did you update the app? If so you need to open the app once to start reciving calls again

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
O

osiris123d

Reaction score
By chance, after you set it up did you update the app? If so you need to open the app once to start reciving calls again

The app has not been updated since I got it I don't think. I have opened the Google Voice app, but when you do that the only thing you can really do in there is compose SMS texts.

dB Zac

Reaction score

The app has not been updated since I got it I don't think. I have opened the Google Voice app, but when you do that the only thing you can really do in there is compose SMS texts.

Go into your setting and then your call settings and make sure google voice is set as your voicemail app

OP
O

osiris123d

Reaction score
It does say that Google Voice is set up as my Voicemail Service and also my voicemail settings.

Are you sure I am suppose to be able to receive INBOUND calls via Google Voice only. I seems like you have to forward a call to your real Verizon number. When I look on the google voice features it always says "Make calls and get visual voicemail". That doesn't really say anything about receiving calls just over that google voice number.

Go into your setting and then your call settings and make sure google voice is set as your voicemail app

dB Zac

Reaction score
Go to your account on line and check those settings, make sure that your phone# is. Registered to your google.voice and that google voice is set to forward to it