Calling all LG Lucid 2 owners!

Yttermayn

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Lucid 2
I am hoping some of you Lucid 2 owners can run a quick little experiment for me.

1) Open your Google Play Store app.
2) Press the little menu button in the upper left corner of the screen (looks like three bars and the little shopping bag with a triangle logo).
3) Does the Google Play Store app crash? (Sorry! Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped.)
4) Post results here, please.

Since the recent update to version 4.9.13 (You can get this info from the Application Manager in Settings),
my Google Play Store crashes every time I try to open the menu to look at My Apps or My Wishlist, whatever. Happens instantly, never see the menu. (I could also gripe about the fact that some of the factory apps I don't use and told not to autoupdate are now set to autoupdate and it won't let me uncheck that box. Solved that problem by uninstalling the updates, then disabling the apps in App Manager.)
When I uninstall Google Play Store's updates and use the old factory version, it works great. However, it goes and updates itself again the first chance it gets. Owners of other handsets might check as well, but so far it hasn't happened on the others I've tried.

Thanks, I appreciate you trying this!

P

promo87

Well, try going to the settings>application manager>Google Play Services> clear its cache and data stored. Then head over to the Settings>account and sync remove the gmail account and switch your device off, now next time you switch it on put the gmail ID back in place, done now try opening the account that should work now ! I don't think you will be getting the error again.

OP
Y

Yttermayn

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Lucid 2
Followed your instructions, didn't work. It's the same as what Google's tech support had me do, but I tried again anyway incase I did it wrong the first time. Do you have a lucid 2?

P

promo87

Followed your instructions, didn't work. It's the same as what Google's tech support had me do, but I tried again anyway incase I did it wrong the first time. Do you have a lucid 2?

Well, I don't have the Lucid 2 but I guess your problem can be easily fixed by the method which I have tried to tell you above. I wonder why its still not working ?? :eek: May be you should tried a factory reset instead !

BloodHyBrId

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG Lucid 2- VS870 4G
hey, i know this post is a few weeks old, but i hope you see this!

i have a lucid 2, and it does the exact same thing. i ran through those steps and they don't work for me either. i don't think we need a factory reset, i think it's google play messing up. i hope the next update they put out fixes this :/

P

promo87

Well @BloodHyBrId if you think that google play is the culprit messing with your device recently why don't you uninstall the updated Google Play put on I would say if it would previously working fine then head over to the application manager and uninstall the updates of the Google PlayStore application. See if that works out ! o_O

BloodHyBrId

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG Lucid 2- VS870 4G
that was the first thing i did. i can't access my menu at all unless i do that. but it's really annoying to have to clear cache and uninstall all the google play store updates in order to update my other apps.

the play store crashing is the ONLY problem i'm having with my device. otherwise, it's working great.

P

promo87

that was the first thing i did. i can't access my menu at all unless i do that. but it's really annoying to have to clear cache and uninstall all the google play store updates in order to update my other apps.

the play store crashing is the ONLY problem i'm having with my device. otherwise, it's working great.

Well, I know try uninstalling the update and I would say there is not need to worry about the update of the Google Play Store because its going to be fixed automatically by the Google Play Services app. :) So there is not need to worry about it !

JoeDevo

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG Lucid 2
All,

Also LG Lucid 2 owner - having same issue - been having same issue for a couple of weeks. Leading up to the event I started running out of room for updates to install on the device as well - so cleaned up a bit - Play Store would bomb per Yttermayn's original post - tap the menu, "Google Play has Unfortunately stopped working" - something to that effect.

Tried all the above - including factory reset - the only thing that worked was to uninstall updates for the Play Store to temporariliy get it working - as soon as it updates itself, it bombs again.

Clearing cache's etc - fail. There is definitely an issue with the latest version of the Play Store running on the Lucid 2 (Android 4.1.2).

I performed another reset and didn't have it reload all my apps (stock load - no additional apps) - just in case one of those was causing an issue. After the first update for the "bundled apps" which included Google Play Services and Store, it bombed.

If I find a working solution, I'll post.

Last edited: