Play Store issues

Tammy22

Reaction score
When I go to the play store to update apps they will not update. I've also noticed the uninstall button is missing. I've spoke with Google Play Store and Samsung. Followed everything they've suggested to fix this issue, but nothing is working permanently. I was advised to remove updates to the store and then go back to the store to update apps. This worked at first, but every time I have updates I have to go through the same steps, but know the store itself wants to update before I have the chance to update the apps. I don't have a choice not to update, if I choose decline the store closes and won't open until I accept, but then I'm right back to the same problem. I have removed my gmail account and added it back and done a factory data reset.
Samsung Galaxy Tab4
Android 5.0.2
Thanks in advance for any help,
Tammy22

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Do you get an error message when attempting to update apps?

Do they look like they're updating, but never complete?

Does nothing happen when you tap to update?

I'm assuming you mean any app with an update, or are there just a few specific ones?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
T

Tammy22

Reaction score

Do they look like they're updating, but never complete? Yes, it seems to go on forever. I usually have to restart my tablet to get it to stop.

Does nothing happen when you tap to update? It tries but there's just the on going line showing.

I'm assuming you mean any app with an update, or are there just a few specific ones? Yes, any and all apps.

post: 2682139, member: 29890"]Do you get an error message when attempting to update apps?

I'm assuming you mean any app with an update, or are there just a few specific ones?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

OP
T

Tammy22

Reaction score
They try to update, but there's just an on going line that doesn't stop, so yes they appear to be updating, but never get to the install stage just downloading. I eventually have to restart the tablet to stop it because the stop button won't work either. Yes, it is all apps. I did get an error message but can't remember what it was, I'm sorry I know it would be more helpful if I had it.
Thank you,
Tammy22