All my apps Auto Updated..

GuiltyBreak

Reaction score
I never check allow auto updating any apps especially google ones because by default they have that setting prechecked.

Curse you GOOGLE!

My Xoom Tablet has been running the older verison of the youtube app since I got it because I really liked the interface and don't like the new version my GN has. So I was just changing a wall paper on my Xoom and all a sudden BAM it reboots and starts back up. a little strange but then I see my notifications going off. [xapp] successfully updated. I was like WHAT :blink: ..I check whats going on and I see Youtube at 90%..:mad: you bastard all my apps updated and the check on all google apps has been applied to auto update.

I never heard of this happening so i did a quick search on the Google and i only saw this thread.

google Play Store just auto updated all my apps on its own WTF - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

now i got to search for a old apk of the older youtube. or see if a factory reset will give me the old version back.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I never check allow auto updating any apps especially google ones because by default they have that setting prechecked.

Curse you GOOGLE!

My Xoom Tablet has been running the older verison of the youtube app since I got it because I really liked the interface and don't like the new version my GN has. So I was just changing a wall paper on my Xoom and all a sudden BAM it reboots and starts back up. a little strange but then I see my notifications going off. [xapp] successfully updated. I was like WHAT :blink: ..I check whats going on and I see Youtube at 90%..:mad: you bastard all my apps updated and the check on all google apps has been applied to auto update.

I never heard of this happening so i did a quick search on the Google and i only saw this thread.

google Play Store just auto updated all my apps on its own WTF - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

now i got to search for a old apk of the older youtube. or see if a factory reset will give me the old version back.

Go to settings, apps, youtube, choose uninstall update.

OP
GuiltyBreak

GuiltyBreak

Reaction score
Go to settings, apps, youtube, choose uninstall update.

Thank you! I didnt think it would revert back to the older version. sometimes when you uninstall updates to a preinstalled app it only goes back to the oldest updated release at least that is what i've seen.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Thank you! I didnt think it would revert back to the older version. sometimes when you uninstall updates to a preinstalled app it only goes back to the oldest updated release at least that is what i've seen.

That may be so, but you have nothing to lose in trying. Good luck! :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta