Market Auto Update not working

terryshelton

Reaction score
I have most of my apps set to auto update, but they don't seem to be updating. When I go to Market -> downloads it will show apps that have available updates that I've set for Auto Update. Is there something else I need to do besides check the box next to auto update? And if they do auto update, is there a notification in the notification bar?

listenman20

Reaction score
there will be a notification when it updates. how often do you manually check the market for updates? mine seems to only automatically check for updates 2 times a day. and so if you're checking it every 4 hours you may not be allowing it time to do it by itself.

OP
T

terryshelton

Reaction score
I generally check every morning or so. I'll let it go longer and see what happens.

Taegost

Reaction score
I have the same issue every now and then. It only seems to occur when there are a bunch of updates though

My Droid Does Tapatalk...

marlopoohbear

Reaction score
How do you manually check for app updates? I've been having the same issue, where it tells me I have so many updates, and then I tell it to update, and then I get the unsuccessful message. I followed the directions to clear the cache, and would like to manually check for app updates to see if I have better luck.

Thanks.

BrentAday

Reaction score
Go to the Market > click on Menu > select Downloads

That will show you apps that you have downloaded and any updates that are availabe. Note that some apps will not automatically update and have to be done manually. Those apps will be noted in red font, I believe.

porsche996

Reaction score
Also, some apps have to have "automatic update" check boxed in the market list of the apps to work right. Go to the market, and select an app you've installed. There's a checkbox on the window that shows up for auto updating.

Also, some app updates have to be manually done, if it changes the permissions/security warnings for the app.