Auto Update for All Apps?

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
Is there a way to configure the Google Play Store or a third party App which will automatically update ALL of my apps without having to apply the updates manually on the Google Play app? I'm on the DROID RAZR MAXX with Jellybean 4.1.2. My phone is REALLY slow when updating and I keep having to touch the screen or it halts (I think) the updates.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
In the Google Play app, tap the 3 wee squares upper right and in settings you should find a checkbox to enable auto updating the apps.

OP
J

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
In the Google Play app, tap the 3 wee squares upper right and in settings you should find a checkbox to enable auto updating the apps.

I don't see where you're talking about. I generally install apps from my computer, not my phone. Did you mean on the phone, hence the word "tap" ? Can I apply this through my PC instead?

Natey2

Reaction score
Don't mean to digress, but an updated app is not always "better" than the previous version. Sometimes critical things get broken in the new release.
If an existing app is working fine, I typically check the "What's New" part of the docs, and only upgrade that app if I absolutely want the features/fixes mentioned in the docs.
I also keep backups of almost all previous versions of most apps, in case I need to revert to an older version of the app.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't see where you're talking about. I generally install apps from my computer, not my phone. Did you mean on the phone, hence the word "tap" ? Can I apply this through my PC instead?

That would be in the Play Store app, on your phone. There would be no way I'm aware of to auto update using your PC. Natyey makes a good point though. I don't auto update any of my apps, (they can usually also be set to auto update individually). I would rather see what the changes are in each app before applying the update.