No auto updates

next

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a galaxy nexus, it is unlocked but not rooted. No changes have been made to the ROM it is running on 4.0.2. I want to update to the new version 4.1.My carrier is Chatter.

From my understanding every one else that has a nexus got a notification to update. I am told some galaxy nexuss are not hooked up with google to update. Apparently
not all nexus's are the same.

I did not get any notification.

However, today i got a notification to update my google play, clicking it brought me to the google app store and there was a button to update. Now, I wonder why i got that request to update and none to update to 4.1 ? Very confused here.

So, is my phone one of these that just don't get requests to update updates (even though I got the google play update)?

Maybe when I first turned the phone on I refused some syncing system as I tend to do by default when I have a feeling it is not needed.

what is the simplest way to upgrade, can i just go to the google app store and update to 4.1 from there ?

Can i just plug my phone to my pc and get an update as one would with iphones.. Yes I have converted to droid.

Can I do a manual update? I'm sure the info is on here some where, but the search words I use brings up about every post on the site !!

Thank you for any help

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
You cannot update to 4.1 through the Play store. Go to settings --> about phone --> system updates.

No it's not as simple as plugging your phone in and downloading the update from google. As I a not familiar with Chatter (never heard of them) I'm not sure if you are GSM or CDMA. There are ways to manually update to 4.0.4 without root, but only way to update to 4.1 right now is through root and ROM.

OP
N

next

Reaction score
almost there !!!

OK so i have come a long way since my last post. its 5 am and i m just about fifnished up.

turns out i was on jakjuux, i used the toolkit to do a bunch of stuff and now am running android version 4.04 i downladed it with google wallet.

For some reason when i treid to do my restore i could not get back my apps.

I had an app that told me exactly what jakju i have but cant find it.

/also my other apps and my jorte calander with all my apointments..

I did the back ups. every one that worked. i managed to restore my contacts so now i have duplicates. but didnt seem to be able to get all my apps and apointmenst.

ill look in to a bit more im dead tierd took way longer then i had hoped.

anyways maybe you guys know of this issue ?

PS thank you too all who put this all together. if it took me that long to update i can only imagine how long it took you guys to come up with all this stuff

OP
N

next

Reaction score
lock retain jelly bean

also i heard that routing cause security issues. is there a way i can make my phone secure. can i re lock it retaining jelly bean ?