Call me crazy...

jerroedr

Reaction score
It seems like for a developer phone that there is less development than on the D1. I dont know...maybe things havent hit full speed yet? Too many phones out to focus on the one that already has ICS? Dont get me wrong at all. The work everyone is doing is awesome, and im currently running winners cm9 kang and its sweet. I just mean there arent the plethora of options there once was.

thoughts/opinions?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Well there are a ton more other options available. Back then it was mainly the Eris as your other choice of Android for a bit, and by the time the other models came out the Droid had been out for awhile. Yeah there are alot less ROMs, but the quality of them went up imo.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
The OG Droid didn't start off too quick. It was probably a month or so after the release of the phone before custom ROMs started to exist. The Galaxy Nexus dropped with at least 3 options on release day. At the OG Droid's peak, I guess you could argue that it rivals the Galaxy Nexus now. I am not so easily convinced though. There are probably over 15 ROMs that exist for this phone that update semi-regularly. There are probably close to 10 custom kernels in that same pattern of updates. This along with the themes and other modifications, I hardly have a day go by that I don't find something that makes me say "oooooh....I need to try that." I am not as flash happy with this device as I was with the OG Droid. I was flashing a different ROM almost every day with the OG Droid, sometimes multiple things a day. With my Nexus that is probably down to once every three days or so.

christianpeso

Reaction score
Dude, dont know where u have been or are. Development for this phone is ridiculous. And I came from an OG droid so I know exactly how that scene was. Hopefully this is not the only forum that u r basing your opinion on. If so I can understand what u r saying and u need to visit other forums.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hopefully this is not the only forum that u r basing your opinion on. If so I can understand what u r saying and u need to visit other forums.

Exactly. Its not DF's fault that more aren't posted here. They must have permission from the developer or the developer must post over here himself. I suggest you try out rootz and xda. A ridiculous amount of options.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
jerroedr

jerroedr

Reaction score
That could explain it. this is the only place I really ever have gone.