Running CyanogenMod-9.0 -RCO-Droid 3-KANG

brickbacktolife

Reaction score
I just flashed ics version 4.0.3 to my droid 3. Under phone info it says my mod version is CyanogenMOD-9.0.0-RC0-Droid3-KANG and my kernel version is 2.6.35.7-lots of other random numbers and letters lol. I totally love the new interface I think its great. (Yes im a noob to all of this bare with me please). Some of the functions arent working and i was wondering if there was a recent update for it? I havent seen one for my Droid 3 specific. Im having the B button key issue, the camera doesnt work, and the voice search for google isnt working either. Besides that everything is great. ANy updates to fix this or do i need to just recovery back to stock then reflash a different version of CM9?

OP
B

brickbacktolife

Reaction score
So im wondering...did i download the wrong cm? should i have been using cm7 and then upgraded to 9? Im very confused please help!!!!!

Reaction score
You didn't download the wrong cyanogen mod. I you just downloaded the wrong update. Go to hash codes blog and check for the latest nightly. I'm on his 04/03 nightly and it's pretty good. Also cyanogen mod 7 is still without a working aosp camera but any other camera will work. Other than that the latest nightly should fix all your issues. But once you go check the blog you can see what isn't working and see if cm9 is right for you.

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums

OP
B

brickbacktolife

Reaction score
Whats the difference between all these nightles? Index of /ROMs/solana/cm9
Is the latest one the best, and do i need to just flash the whole thing through internal memory or do i do update from sd card when im in the clockwork mod recovery screen?

OP
B

brickbacktolife

Reaction score
well i downloaded the nightly first like a ****ing idiot. now my phone wont go past the motorolla screen. when i go into recovery mode and go to bp settings to get to clockwork it just stays on the motorolla symbol. PLEASE HELP ME

OP
B

brickbacktolife

Reaction score
When i go into normal recovery then hold the volume buttons i get into the triangle w/ exclamation with 4 choices. i go to apply update from sdcard and i can see clockwork recovery as a selection. it has the 2 recovery spots i saved but when i try to select them it goes into another folder thats blank. essentially not working. im really confused lol

TheCometRider

Reaction score
Did you use the fastboot file to get back to stock? Or did you do a factory reset? It is really easy to just flash the fastboot file, root, download safestrap and the install cm9 in safe mode. Safestrap is definately the best recovery for the D3.

OP
B

brickbacktolife

Reaction score
I used the fastboot file to get back to stock originally. But i flashed the wrong cm9 file i guess but thats when it started freezing in the motorolla screen. Can you send me a link to the fastboot file i can use to flash with rsdlite?

TheCometRider

Reaction score
Go ahead and use the same fastboot file to get back to stock like you did before. When you are done, root and install Hashcodes Safestrap. Once you have Safestrap installed, you can use it to flash cm9.

OP
B

brickbacktolife

Reaction score
I cant use the fastboot file. The stock recovery wont let me use it. Im seriously stuck right now. The only thing i can do is stock recovery, however it wont read the clockwork mod file i had saved. So i dont know how or where to get the original file to flash to my phone? please help

TheCometRider

Reaction score
You can flash the fastboot file from rsd lite. Boot into the bootloader and put your phone in ap fastboot mode. Keep you phone plugged into your computer and let it download the drivers as it goes. The drivers are downloaded, just flash thefile from rsd lite and you're all set :)