Calendar alert snooze time setting?

alwerner

Reaction score
I tried the application and had mixed results. While it comes close to solving the problem, I did find several bugs that repeated meetings over and over (even after they are deleted). It also became cumbersome when I had multiple alarms going off at the same time.

arnoldl

Reaction score
I tried the application and had mixed results. While it comes close to solving the problem, I did find several bugs that repeated meetings over and over (even after they are deleted). It also became cumbersome when I had multiple alarms going off at the same time.

You proberly have a htc phone with sense interface..
this is a known problem , and as soon as mine ordered htc desire arives i hope to fix it :)

twtaylor3

Reaction score
Found It!! Calendar Snooze Supports Corp Now

See Calendar Snooze by Bitfire Development. I just downloaded the update that has the BETA corp calendar support and it works flawlessly on my Moto Droid. He is working on some issues with SENSE interface. Totally customizable snooze times & it handles the reminders one at a time - no more SNOOZE ALL or DISMISS ALL crap. It also has customizable reminder repeats if you don't respond w/ customizable intervals. Beats the crap out of my old Windows Mobile reminders. I emailed this guy right after my previous post above and he said he was working on it, and now the BETA seems great so far.

twtaylor3

Reaction score
Found It!! Calendar Snooze Supports Corp Now

I posted this on 2 other threads but Calendar Snooze by Bitfire Development has a version w/ support for Corp Calendar. Works great on my Moto Droid. Handles reminders one at a time, endless customizable snooze times, customizable repeat times for unanswered reminders w/ customizable intervals. I paid the $5 for full version w/no ads & snooze times > 6 hours.

Jinseng

Reaction score
Yet again Android falls flat

Yet again Android falls flat and is missing basic functionality that has existed in phones for a long time. Google, please add in basic snooze functionality to snooze individual reminders for at least a few set intervals.

arnoldl, From my limited testing, Calendar Snooze looks good, cudos to you. I just wish that I didn't have to buy an app to add what I consider to be basic functionality that a smart phone should have.

Short rant: It feels like I'll spend as much in apps as I do the phone just to get it to where I feel a basic smart phone should be :-(

P.S. I'm coming from a Windows Mobile 6.1 HTC Touch Pro phone.

mikeg

Reaction score
It does look like calendar snooze might do the trick. I hope that it works as well as it appears to during my my quick testing. I agree that it shouldn't be an extra add-on. I can't say that I blame the developer for charging for it though. If android drops the ball, there's no reason somebody shouldn't take advantage of it.

mikeg

arnoldl

Reaction score
arnoldl, From my limited testing, Calendar Snooze looks good, cudos to you. I just wish that I didn't have to buy an app to add what I consider to be basic functionality that a smart phone should have.

Thanks...
And i agree it should have been in android by default....
But don't hope they are gonna add it..that would kill my app :)

mikeg

Reaction score
Well Arnoldl, even if they do put in the ability somewhere down the line, you just got my $5.48 and I think it's money well spent!

mikeg

swtpete

Reaction score
I'm a business user and a fixed 5 minute reminder is nearly useless. And the fact that you can't separately snooze reminders makes me wish I had waited for a new Windows 7 phone. In email I don't understand why you can't accept a calendar appointment - did they miss that link? Why did Google decide to leave the Corporate email & calendar functionality so limited? A 10 year old would have designed this better. It's a shame to leave business users out of their target demographic. All other aspects of Android are fantastic; they really could have beaten iPhone & Windows 7. Google, please wise up and help the business users!!!

Hear hear. Makes me miss my Blackberry Tour a bit! we should all suggest this enhancement request directly to Google!! Btw, a great free app to handle emails with a *.ics file attached is "ics importer", so you can accept calendar invites for example sent by someone who's using Msft Outlook!