Buggy Corporate Sync, Facebook, Battery

wareagle08

Reaction score
Alright so I am willing to admit that the problem could be me. I have searched and it seems like I may be the only one having these issues...

Ever since I synced my corporate account (stock sync - Touchdown made it all even worse) my device gets really bogged down and slow. For instance, if you click to open text messages, this process takes OVER A MINUTE. The battery life plummets (I can't make it through the work day without needing to recharge). I know that ActiveSync/Corporate sync do reduce the overall battery life and performance, but this seems a little ridiculous.

Additionally, I'll open a contact and will find that there are hundreds of linked accounts for each of my contacts. When I look at the linked accounts, it seems to all be from facebook. Is this normal? Could this be what is slowing things down?

As for my own attempts at problem solving - I have Advance Task Killer, not much help. I did the factory reset. I've uninstalled facebook and disassociated my account from the native facebook widget. Currently, I attempted to reboot and I have been looking at this red eye thing that comes up during the boot in the five minutes it has taken me to type this.

I made the switch from Blackberry and I REALLY want to love the Droid. Can anyone help?!