Browser - using back button.

superchachi

Reaction score
So you're reading a blog, click a link, read that page and then hit "back" to return to the blog - but the browser brings me back to the TOP of the page, when I want to return to where I last clicked the link.

Anyone else?

superglen99

Reaction score
same here. I just long press on the link and click new window. then I can toggle between the 2 windows by hitting the menu button so I don't lose my place :)

OP
S

superchachi

Reaction score
same here. I just long press on the link and click new window. then I can toggle between the 2 windows by hitting the menu button so I don't lose my place :)
Of course, Superglenn! I knew the answer was going to be something easier than I was making it. So the lesson to be learned on about anything Droid is: when in doubt, long press it out. Thank you!

Lafond

Reaction score
You shouldn't have to open up the link in a new window for it to remember where you left off. I found that some sites bring me back to where I was, but most do not. Bugs the crap out of me when I'm on this site and click a thread at the bottom of the page only to be routed back to the top of the search page when I hit the back button.

I was hoping the update would fix this, but it hasn't.

Any other ideas?

OP
S

superchachi

Reaction score
I had the same frustration, but Glenn's suggestion is the best. Although it does open a "new" window - which you only see if your Menu, Windows - it closes that window when you Back, and takes you to the same spot as the link. I've gotten so used to it now, it's no big whoop.