Stock Browser Question

StupidGenius

Reaction score
This is a minor annoyance I can certainly live with, but I was wondering if perhaps I've missed a Setting to resolve this.

When surfing, if I go "Back" or open an image on a web page, the browser always jumps back to the top of the page. Most browsers I've used will return to the spot on the web page I was originally at. It's just a bit of a pain having to scroll back down to where I was, especially if it's a long page like those found in the "Screenshots" thread.

Any suggestions? If not, again I can deal with it.

I haven't used any of the other browsers like Dolphin, do they behave similarly?

Thanks

ShowTime

Reaction score
This is just how the stock browser operates. Yes, it is quite annoying. Best solution I've found was suggested in a past thread... rather than just click links to new pages, press and hold on them. Then select "open in new window" from the menu that appears. Then, when you're done on that page, hitting Back will return you to the exact spot on the previous page.

OP
StupidGenius

StupidGenius

Reaction score
This is just how the stock browser operates. Yes, it is quite annoying. Best solution I've found was suggested in a past thread... rather than just click links to new pages, press and hold on them. Then select "open in new window" from the menu that appears. Then, when you're done on that page, hitting Back will return you to the exact spot on the previous page.

Thanks that's a good suggestion. I knew you could open new windows but hadn't considered using that method to overcome this.

Hopefully that'll be a minor correction/tweak that will be addressed in the 2.1 update.