Bricked Droid2

Status
Not open for further replies.

viruspvf

Reaction score
I've read all the posts on using rsdlite/recovering/updating/reverting.

Problem is I am unable to even begin the process because when I plug the phone into my usb port on my computer, all I get is the white charging light on the phone and I can't turn it on. (I let it charge for 10+ hours on the AC adapter)

Now if I let it sit in the usb port for a while it turns on automatically sometimes for a few minutes than shuts off all the while still being bricked at the M screen. Therefore I am unable to restart it and get into the boot loader. Even if i was it would prob say battery too low.

My phone began to update last night around 6pm.... it went through and when it restarted it refused to go past the black background white M screen. That's as far as I can get it to go. (I can get into recovery and the bootloader if I hold the camera/volume/power button.... than unplug it and plug it back in to the ac adapter while holding the buttons down AND plugging it in at the same time.... then it just says the battery is too low to program)

I tried setting it back to factory settings using the recovery mode ( holding down X when powering on) clearing cache, the band and so on... NOTHING. Still white M.

Seems like no matter what I do I can't get it to have a big enough charge. I even tried a new battery from a friend.

Ughhh help?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Bring it into VZW. They should be able to flash the image back onto your device.

Tell them what you just said. Got the update and now my phone wont boot.

OP
V

viruspvf

Reaction score
already went there yesterday waited 2 hours. They are sending me a new phone... will be here by weds. I'm impatient though and like fixin stuff like this... figured I'd ask and see if it was possible :p

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
already went there yesterday waited 2 hours. They are sending me a new phone... will be here by weds. I'm impatient though and like fixin stuff like this... figured I'd ask and see if it was possible :p

Glad to hear your situation was solved though. :)

OP
V

viruspvf

Reaction score
It's only solved if I can fix it :p

haha, no I figured I'd at least challenge myself. They said they couldn't even get it to the bootloader. I did that much plus got to the recovery area.

Status
Not open for further replies.