Stuck in boot loop. Phone won't charge in wall or in computer.

tanmandu

Reaction score
Hey guys. Been a lurker here for awhile. Unfortunate first post however.

Decided last night to root my phone and install a custom rom. Ran Cmod first and went perfect. then tried bugless beast and after rebooting i'm stuck in a bootloop.

The problem, however, is that I made sure my battery was fully charged when I installed the rom. Left in in the boot load last night to see if it would ever go through, and all the while had it charging through AC. But this morning it is shot even more.

When it is plugged into the wall the charging light does not come on, and the phone just runs the Motorola symbol. Even if I take the battery out it still does this. When I plug into my PC the light comes on but nothing happens.

I've tried holding X and power and nothing happens. I've managed a couple of times to get the launcher screen up but it says the battery is to low to run program.

I read another thread from a couple months back where the guy had the problem, but he was at least able to get to the launcher screen. All I can do is look at a big white M :(

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Ok....I think you mean recovery screen when you say boot loader. If so, phone doesn't charge in recovery so your battery is totally dead. It will need to charge for hours, 5+ at least without messing with it. Plug it in the wall and let it sit for as long as you can.

Sent from my Droid

Yaba

Reaction score
Hi there.
Just one thing to know - in general, does the SPRecovery gives you the option to do a nandroid backup / restore? If yes, i will take you from there...

I am assuming that in this point you cant go into recovery mode but dont worry about it.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Hi there.
Just one thing to know - in general, does the SPRecovery gives you the option to do a nandroid backup / restore? If yes, i will take you from there...

I am assuming that in this point you cant go into recovery mode but dont worry about it.
Yes you do nandroid backup/restores from SPrecovery.

Yaba

Reaction score
Hey there...
I went through the same thing and i solved it at the end myself, so i think i can help you...
I am assuming that you do have a nandroid back up on your device or pc/laptop?
If you dont, dont panic :) i am sure that it can be downloaded from somewhere, good .img files - google for it i am sure that someone here can help with that.

What we do need is a way to mount your sdcard on the pc that we can transfer files to it. I used a nokia device for that (put the sdcard in a different mobile and connect it to the pc)

I have a europe motorola milestone, not droid, but i guess on that matter its going to be pretty much the same...

So thats how it goes:

Open rsd lite - phone on bootloader - connect it - see that its connected in rsd - flash SPRecovery.
Wait for it to finish, probably it will note that you have to reboot manually. What you do is disconnect the usb - turn your phone off - if it dosent respond just take battery out, turn it on bootloader again - connect usb and it will show you "pass".

Disconnect usb - turn your phone off - at this point i am assuming it will let you go to recovery mode, so do that by pressing x ect.
Do a nandroid backup, even it for right now it will back up the "bad files", but we want it to create the right folder on your sdcard
that we can copy files to.

After it finishes, turn off the phone, take out the sdcard and mount with the other mobile.
Take the good nandroid .img files that you have on you pc form before or that you downloaded, copy them
to the nandroid backup folder that you have on your sdcard and off course replace with them
the "bad files" that are there.

Put the sdcard back in your droid phone, turn on recovery mode - do the nandroid restore.

If you do have a good nandroid backup on your sdcard, so of course you can skip all the copying replace thing...

Reboot and keep your fingures crossed :)

Hope i was helpful...
Anyway, thats what i did and worked for me.