Stuck on the Motorola start up screen

Crystal995

Reaction score
I have had the Droid only sense 03/05/10 and I already have a problem. After about a day or two of owning it I did as the instruction said and that was to let it drain completely then give it a full charge. When it finely drained down I was in my car so I use the car charger to recharge but it got stuck on the Motorola start up screen and that is where it stayed for next 30mins so I figure maybe it did not have enough power to charge it so I took it out and waited till I got home. I plugged it in the wall and that did not work so I took out the battery waited for 5 to 10 mins plugged it back in and this time it worked.
Last night it had about 80% charge when I shut it off well this morning I went to turn it back on and nothing would happen. I plugged it in the wall charger and the Motorola symbol came up and nothing else I did notice one thing the charging light next to the USB port was not on. I unplugged it took out the battery and wait another 5 to 10 mins plugged it back in still no light and still stuck. I then plugged it into the computer and the charging light is on now but it will not even start up.

No I have not dropped and I have not done anything like rooting it.

Any ideas???? :mad:

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have had the Droid only sense 03/05/10 and I already have a problem. After about a day or two of owning it I did as the instruction said and that was to let it drain completely then give it a full charge. When it finely drained down I was in my car so I use the car charger to recharge but it got stuck on the Motorola start up screen and that is where it stayed for next 30mins so I figure maybe it did not have enough power to charge it so I took it out and waited till I got home. I plugged it in the wall and that did not work so I took out the battery waited for 5 to 10 mins plugged it back in and this time it worked.
Last night it had about 80% charge when I shut it off well this morning I went to turn it back on and nothing would happen. I plugged it in the wall charger and the Motorola symbol came up and nothing else I did notice one thing the charging light next to the USB port was not on. I unplugged it took out the battery and wait another 5 to 10 mins plugged it back in still no light and still stuck. I then plugged it into the computer and the charging light is on now but it will not even start up.

Letting it drain completely is not a good idea. Li-Ion Batteries when drained completely, hurt the battery. While phones should have a fail-safe built into it that don't allow batteries to fully drain enough to hurt the battery, i still would advise against it. I would suggest 1st to try plugging it into the wall charger and trying to do a hard reset of the device, just to see if the screen will come up, if it does then i would try doing that, if it doesn't then you have another issue and i would suggest calling verizon to see if they have any tips or will just replace your phone.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Take it back and get a replacement. It's probably the battery.

A word about the battery.

You don't have to let it drain completely. It's recommended that you do that 2-3 times a year, but if you don't it won't harm anything. Doing it consistently will actually harm the battery.

You don't need to charge it for 24 hours like it says in the instructions. It stops charging once it's fully charged which takes about 2 hours in the wall.

Take it back and let Verizon deal with it.

OP
C

Crystal995

Reaction score
I took it back to Verizon and they could not figure it out either. They even put in a new battery and still nothing so they gave me a new phone. I wonder what happen to it?

Last edited: