Brand new Incredible has died and will not re-charge

LRB1977

Reaction score
I got my new Incredible today and charged it with wall charger but did not charge to 100% and used it during the day while charging off and on. I never got to 100% and then when I did not charge for a couple hours at night the phone went to 4%. I turned it off and now when I plug into charger nothing happens (no light comes on or anything else).

Is my charger just defective or did I need to charge to 100% before I could ever use it and now it will not accept a charge???

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not sure if it's true or not, but many people say to give it a good full initial charge...have you tried taking the battery in and out? Also there's a Tech section dedicated to just the Incredible next time =)

Guchi

Reaction score
double post. the other one is in the correct forum.
:closed_2::closed_2::closed_2::closed_2:

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure why people so often assume that problems like this come from a defective charger or phone. There is a real possibility that the problem stems from a defective battery.

Considering this a a "brand new" Droid, I'd suggest taking it to a Verizon store and see if you can either get a new battery or have a tech check your phone with a battery that is known to be good. If that isn't the problem, the next step should be to consider problems in the charging apparatus and then the phone.