Bricked Droid X wont pass M

bishopzulu

Reaction score
OK, so first I want to say I have been an avid reader of this forum, and though this is the first time I am posting a question I definnately respect you guys.

So on to the issue, I have a rooted Droid X, and after trying to update the rom today it would not go past the M logo. I have tried wiping to no effect. It will boot into the factory recovery screen as well as the bootloader.

I have searched the forum but have not found something that truly addresses this issue. Primarily, if the phone is stuck at the M how to get it back to a point of usability. I have RSD 4.9 installed on my desktop as well as the latest drivers. Knowing the rules All I need I believe are the steps to bring it back. I do not need file locations as I know that violates the rules, but file names would help. Also thinking that all I would need to do is reinstall an OS, I ran the stock 2.3 rom update.zip and got signature verification failed

Installation aborted.

Your help n this is truly appreciated

LaxzBro

Reaction score
I can't really help, but you should know that it is not truly bricked. Bricked means that it won't turn on, leaving you with a $600 brick

Lax bro, closet geek

OP
B

bishopzulu

Reaction score
LOL, I know its not really bricked and its a myth somewhat....but I do need some help. Just need some instruction on how to get it past the Motorola Logo

OP
B

bishopzulu

Reaction score
Well Thank God Im not that much of a newb......I finally found an SBF that worked. got it to 2.1 doing OTA update now, then Ill root and go back to then install clockworkmod recovery and go from there.

BalistikBill

Reaction score
There's a 2.2 SBF as well, so you don't have to do the update. I started on 2.1 did the update and now I just SBF to 2.2 if I need to. It's the_gift2

doobie711

Reaction score
a trick that you can use for future reference, if you boot into android recovery by holding power and home and click "reboot sytem now" with the phone plugged in it will usually take you to clockwork. i had to use this a few times when a friend wanted me to make themes for his droid 2 which he neglected to say was a global. it saved me from having to use the sbf a few times with my DX