Does the X charge on the "M" boot screen?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Where are you located? I can send you my original battery fully charged.

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Okay actually I'm downloading .340 now, but can I flash this in Android recovery (aka without PC)?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
No. You need to use RSDLite 4.8 or 4.9 to connect to the phone. I've SBF'd with zero battery before. It should see the device and let you do it.

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Yeah I can have someone charge it, but I wouldn't get it back until Monday.

You guys do know I can't SBF, the battery is too low (it'll charge to like 5%, then it boots).

If you mean SBF in Android recovery (Power+Home), all the SBF files I have tried have invalid signatures, guess that explains your saying the versions are different.

Can you link me to that SBF that'll work?

This SBF:
Full 2.3.340 Official sbf

With this process:
Complete Droid X .sbf Flashing Guide

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Haha guys, I know how to SBF, but when I go into that bootloader thing for SBF, it says "LOW BATTERY, CANNOT FLASH" then the battery dies from lack of charge a few seconds later.

The phone won't charge past 5% or so (needs I think 40% at least to flash SBF) as I cannot boot into Android, it only charges when off or booted into Android.

Actually guys I'm all for investigating the possibility that there is something effed up with the phone or battery:

It drained like 10% every 10 minutes or so the day it "died", way worse than the days before.

When I plug it in to AC, I get the "M" logo, but it doesn't go to that battery charging screen where it just shows the battery and the percent charge without the phone actually being on.

IT WONT CHARGE!

As for sending me a new battery, Mustang, I appreciate the offer, but it would be quicker and cheaper to just have one of my friends charge it- I'd get it Monday if I get it to them tomorrow.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I'd take the battery to verizon and have them give you a new one that is charged.

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Would they do that? My Verizon store isn't as..... "awesome" as other peoples', from what I hear. They go STRICTLY by the book, never do anything for ya....

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Theres no way I would scrap am X and settle for an Inc...but thats just me. I'll echo everyone else and suggest going to a Verizon store and asking them to either borrow a charged battery so I could flash in-store, or see if they wouldnt do it for me...

Also, I dont know if its been pimped in here yet, but you should give "maderstock.updatezip" a shot at your phone...just search here on Droid Forums and you will find his thread with download link and step by step instructions..seems to have fixed numerous borked Droid X's. Just download/copy to you SD card and follow the instructions. Good luck!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

BodyBagz

Reaction score
This?:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-rooted-help/112152-maderstcok-ota-2-3-340-update-zip.html

I can't get into ClockWork, I always needed the bootstrap to reboot to recovery for me..... And I tried flashing that in the Android recovery, but it can't verify a signature...

Ok, so let me see if I understand all I know about your situation..bear with me as I am medicated and have slept less than 5 hours in the last 5 days...:icon_eek:

1) Your phone is completely borked, and so far, nothing you have tried has worked...

2) Your battery is dead, and as of right now you have no way of charging it or swapping to a charged battery...

3) Each time you have tried to flash or SBF it has failed due to "not being properly signed"...

4) You can get to Bootstrap, but you cant load an update.zip...fails due to signing issue...or, you can get into Bootstrap at all?

5) When you say "I can't get into ClockWork, I always needed the bootstrap to reboot to recovery for me"...does this mean you cant get to Bootstrap and ClockWork at all and you are trying to go through Stock Android Recovery -Power+Home button?

It seems that to do anything at this point to try and get you straight, is going to require a charged battery...so that is the most important step. After that, then you need to make sure you can boot into Koush`s Bootstrapper and navigate to either the "maderstock.update.zip", or some other file to flash...and see where this goes. If that fails, then I believe you are going to have to go through RSD Lite and do the full SBF Flash that way.

Now granted, I havent had a ton of experience doing this, but I am about 85% sure these are the initial steps you want to take...and if I am wrong, I am 100% sure some one smarter/more knowledgeable than me will correct me...:)

Good luck, and keep coming back here...sooner or later you will get her up and running again...

mmiillkkaa

Reaction score
Would they do that? My Verizon store isn't as..... "awesome" as other peoples', from what I hear. They go STRICTLY by the book, never do anything for ya....

That's so true. I cracked my Droid's screen and went to the store to see where I could get it fixed. They asked if I had the warrenty, I didn't, so they said no, there is no way to fix it. I sent it to Motorola to get it fixed (it was fixed).

Anyway, I'm pretty sure you can't get into recovery, but if you can, shouldn't you be able to charge it there?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Guys I'm 95% sure you can't charge in recovery. You'll have to SBF. A guy a while back said he SBF'd when his phone was dead. Didn't think you can do this but maybe you can. I'd investigate. One way or another you'll have to SBF. So just bite the bullet already. :D

Sent from my DROIDX

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
95% can become 100% because it won't charge in recovery. Borrow a battery or phone to charge your battery from someone and sbf (full) and you should be good to go :)

Guys I'm 95% sure you can't charge in recovery. You'll have to SBF. A guy a while back said he SBF'd when his phone was dead. Didn't think you can do this but maybe you can. I'd investigate. One way or another you'll have to SBF. So just bite the bullet already. :D

Sent from my DROIDX

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
jimmyco2008

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
SBF was the first thing I tried, guys the battery is too low. As simple as that.

And I am getting my battery back after a good charge this Monday, I fully expect to have the X up and running by 3pm Monday.

Jordan8

Reaction score
SBF was the first thing I tried, guys the battery is too low. As simple as that.

And I am getting my battery back after a good charge this Monday, I fully expect to have the X up and running by 3pm Monday.

Think id go knocking on the friends door in a few hours, rather then going all weekend without my X haha.