Brick Help

Mr JackSTARR

Reaction score
I have been searching for hours and cannot find any information that has helped me unbrick my phone. I installed z4boot which was successful and then ran droid2bootstrapper attempting to install gingerbread. Last i checked it failed around radio?

My phone shows the Motorola logo and the screen reads:
Bootloader
D0.11
Err:A5,69,35,00,3D

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

No option seems to work. I have connected the phone to my pc and the only change is the text on screen but nothing works regardless.

I have tried pulling the battery and waiting 30 seconds+:

starting the phone pressing both volume buttons and the power
holding the directional pad up and the power
holding x and powering up
downloading rsd lite 4.9

No matter what I press or hold (for whatever time) the phone automatically goes back to displaying the Bootloader info.

I can't afford to buy a replacement phone so please help me.

When you power up hold the up arrow on directional pad if that don't work then do it with the x key.... time to sbf my friend

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

When you power up hold the up arrow on directional pad if that don't work then do it with the x key.... time to sbf my friend

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

I've tried all those combinations and it is still stuck in the bootloader. For some reason RSD isn't finding my phone no matter how long it's connected.

Don't mean to sound pompus are you on the right screen? you need to have it in recovery mode to start with...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

What is the os on your computer xp vista win. 7?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Don't mean to sound pompus are you on the right screen? you need to have it in recovery mode to start with...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

The phone was stuck in bootloop so I had no options to choose any screens except automatically being sent to the the boot loader screen

Solved!

Thank you everyone for your help!

What worked for me was:

1.) Updating sync drivers from Motorola's site
2.) Restart computer
3.) Install RSD again
4.) Restart computer
5.) Plug phone in via usb cable and let windows "install the drivers" automatically
6.) When windows finished, I started RSD and it displayed my phone in the bottom grid
7.) Went into config (on RSD) and selected device id options checking off "fist come-first serve deviceid mode"
8.) Loaded the sbf via the "..." button (on RSD)
9.) Powered the phone off and started it holding the up directional button
10.) Clicked start button (on RSD)
11.) Waited around until the "SW Upgrade" finished and held the directional button up again as it restarted
12.) Powered off and powered back on normally
13.) Re-activated my phone via *228 option 1
14.) Done!

I didn't lose any apps, texts, or anything. The phone is exactly how it was before I attempted to install gingerbread. Maybe I added extra steps but it worked for me and I hope it helps anyone else! Thank you to everyone who posts information and files on all forums!

Why would you flash gingerbread on a d2g? Its for the d2. Angel warned you could brick your phone in another thread when some one asked if they could use it and the romer.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Back